Local Sify Has Blocked Emule & bittorent

• Thread starter Thread starter frustrated
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 24
  • Views Views 6,483

frustrated

:blink: Shocking, ive been calling up the helpdesk since a week now , still nothing has been done.However strangely , i can download very well on irc , .. & even warezp2p & ares.But i belive people mostly use either edk or torrent to download so the local sify operator has blocked it , :huh: sify

Have you tried using different random ports? For bittorrent I know it can be done.

hehe ofcourse, clients , ports , everything, theyve blocked bole to blocked , now its upto them , i cant do anything, letsee.. otherwise this is my last month on sify

thats true.ur id(low or high) and download speed of emule depends on ur ports condition.there r some online port scanners.scan ur system and note down ur open ports.and use them.i did this.and iam getting 6k"B"ps download speed(on my 64 kbps line).

Did you know you can change the ports that Bittorrent uses on some clients such as azureus from hxxp://azureus.sourceforge.net/download.php (change the xx tt) to run on port 80 and as such this should not be blocked...Chino

the technical team from sify called me up , they gave me a few ports & few settings to change , this happened twice in a day , i mean atleast they are tryin to help , my local isp just ignores each & every complaint ..anyway back to sify , however.. nothing seems to work yet , infact they themselves seem unable to know what to do exactly. a few people in my area are thinking of giving the local sify office a visit .

I was wondering that even if we change the ports of the p2p apps on our side, the ports they connect to on the corresponding p2p app of other users remain the default.So if an ISP filters/blocks out packets by the destination port, then our tweaking with our ports isn't of any use.

my point exactly , they have blocked the appications themselves, most likely because these 2 apps must be most popular for filesharing.very strange. kazaa, arez, warez & particularly on irc i get terrific speeds.

yesterday i visited the sify office along with a couple of other users who are facing same issue. I met up with the engg who is handling this, he @$$ures us that the matter will be sorted out in 48 hours.an other users in mumbai who are facing same problem & are willing to do something about it instead of sitting on their @$$es & letting others do it ... pm me.

Sorry if you use a router and you are running NAT and you have changed the port numbers how can they tell what appliactions are running? As if leaves your router on a set port and reponds on the same port, a packet of data on a port is just that and i don't think any ISP has the time to read every head-end of each packet to see what it is?There for if you change the port from the link above you should see that this is fine..Chino

read what ive said before putting in your two cents . ive been to their office & have talked with the enginner, theve accepted that emule & torrents arent working & they are working on it.i dont care techinically what crap has happned why , if you think you can intelligently help , let me know if your in mumbai

I think i could help though as i am not in Mumbai until July they will have sorted your problem for now...I was only trying to help and i know u have been to there office though as i work for an ISP (not in india) i could have solve your issue...Chino