LMAO!! My broadband is slower than my 4G.

ISP
Mtnl, Jio, Vodafone
I was trying to download an IDE from Microsoft as I am trying to learn a new language and as usual the speed is throttled to 7.5 Mbps(advertised and sold as 100 Mbps) so I thought let me just connect my 4G mobile connection via hotspot to download this. To my surprise I got constant 10-18 Mbps downloads and finished in half the time it would have taken on my broadband.

I pay Rs. 300 more for the broadband. Can't wait to cancel it and save up on some moolah for those in-app purchases I keep getting tempted into. 😛

So what's your story?

what would i prefer? 1GB a day for Rs. 4.5 or unlimited GBs a day for Rs. 21 at slower speeds? though excitel is much faster than 4G for me so there's that. however, compared to airtel dsl, i would rather use airtel 4g...

True If I was on those 1 GB/Day plans I dislike them with utmost passion. My postpaid plan gives me a decent chunk of data that I never used and now I have accumulated 200 GB so data was not an issue because the download size was around 36 GB. A fun experience nonetheless.
I feel like ISPs should clearly state that they throttle speed in thier adverts, it is frustrating to see 7 Mbps on a 100 Mbps plan. I don't even use torrents or download copyright infringing things.
It has come to a point where I have started hating on 7 as a number andwhere I see 7 it reminds me of the throttle and I get annoyed. Lol I might be a bit crazy. 😛

as per regulations they only have to provide 80% of speeds to their own internet gateway so they kind of get away with these scams. slow speed over external network is blamed on 'outside our influence'.

"slow speed over external network is blamed on 'outside our influence."
Yep, I went through that conversation with my ISP. I download and upload to Amazon Servers and the guys says those servers are slow(I died from laughter when he said that).
The guy probably fools the naive public with those lines and the gullible public for the lack of knowledge accepts it especially considering they show you high speeds on Speedtest which pretty much terminates the conversation.

I don't even have a problem with lower speeds but they should be clear about these things so we know what we pay for. Expecting 100 Mbps and getting 7 Mbps is crazy. I should add the throttling started recently I was getting at least 50 Mbps before.

Also, "as per regulations they only have to provide 80% of speeds to their own internet gateway " ; damn! 80% so I should get at least 80Mbps and I am getting 7Mbps.

Hmm... Thinking about starting my own ISP now. 😛 The licenses seem cheap too, they used to be very expensive. Probably do some illegal stuff along the way as well and scam a few people. I will probably also use the cheapest available servers as well. Not give GST bills either. Booyah! There we go, the plan is made. 😛

offensive comment ahead.

arun jaitley ka bhoot has joined the conversation.