• Thread starter Thread starter SVK
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 27
  • Views Views 4,655

SVK

twitter.com/svknet
ISP
Jio Fiber, Airtel 5G
Tata Sky is being targeted by many users here for various reasons. I too own TATASKY DTH and not happy with some of the issues with it. So I am trying to summarise the problems faced by TATASKY users. List out the problems/issues faced about TATASKY.
Note: Please be polite in language used

Problems according to me
1. Ever increasing price
2. Unavailability of ZEE Channels - ZEE TALKIES, ZEE MUZIC
3. Insensible add-ons created like new GECs Imagine, Colors & FTA channel 9X put in add-on packs, when these channels are provided at base packs by other DTH

I would go with insensible packages..

who wants ZEE TALKIES channel, it is flooded with ashok saraf and lakshmikant berde's films which were used to repeat telecast again and again on DD sahyadri in past.I think I had created a silver jubilee of watching films like BANVA BANVI, SHUBHMANGAL SAAVDHAN and ZAPAATLELA. And how can I forget BHUTACHA BHAU😡

^^^Yes you are right, but Zee Talikes also holds the telecast right for many new released Marathi hit movies, which would be 1st premiered on that channel. Those movies would be aired several times on ZEE's channels before their rights are given to other channels.

I think there already is a similar thread on this forum regarding this. I have pretty much the same problems everyone has, still have listed them below, in no particular order.

1) Lack of music channels, 9XM was the latest addition in close to 2 years
2) Indifferent customer care - only responses that can be expected, be it to introduce a channel or something as simple as when the signal will return, are "We are looking into it", and "We cannot commit to anything".
3) Rigid packages - if you want one channel, you better take the whole lot. My friend - a South Indian who doesn't require Hindi channels - had to take the entire set of Hindi channels during the Indian Premier League as Tata Sky didn't provide Max separately. In my case, I have to stick with English channels, though all I require is News channels.
4) Lack of reasonable / sufficient add-on packages - same as above
5) Extremely ridiculous pricing mechanism of onsite support - a flat fee of Rs. 350/- for the 'visit'.
6) Constantly increasing package rates. I pay 320 per month now to get lesser number of channels than what I had when I used to pay Rs. 200/- on Tata Sky.

1) High/ Ever-Increasing rates2) Add-on packs which make no sense and give no discount.3) No Zee Sports (specially during UCL)

@ in future the base pack price would be increased to 200 and we would get an statement from vikram that if u guys dont like TS then quit from our service:evil:

Let me raise some of the issues here:1. About increasing the price - All DTH providers have increased the price not Tata Sky alone so no point singling them out.2. About Customer Services people not committing addition of new channel - I don't think that the cs guy on the phone can commit about addition of a channel. It takes place at highest levels. Not at CS level.3. About the addition of Zee channels, it is not in Tata Sky's hand alone. They have to negotiate with Zee Network who is their competitor as well.

1. About increasing the price - All DTH providers have increased the price not Tata Sky alone so no point singling them out.

But TATASKY's plans are poor. E.g. for person wanting only Hindi GEC's (Imagine, Colors) he needs to subscribe for LS Gold pack. This increase overall cost, where as with other DTH this cost could have been lower.

2. About Customer Services people not committing addition of new channel - I don't think that the cs guy on the phone can commit about addition of a channel. It takes place at highest levels. Not at CS level.

Agreed

3. About the addition of Zee channels, it is not in Tata Sky's hand alone. They have to negotiate with Zee Network who is their competitor as well.
Now even DISH TV has added STAR's regional channels, there should be no problem in getting channel's from ZEE for TATASKY. Besides TRAI has given ruling that channel broadcaster cannot deny their channels to any operator. And as a channel business ZEE would like to have their channels on all platforms.

What is most absurd are the Tata Sky channel packages. Does it make any sense to put Star Sports, ESPN and Star Cricket, the Neo Sports channels and Ten Sports in three different sports packages. It's simply cheating the customers. 😡

They have some set in their mind.. so they added STAR Group to one package.. NEO as another one...atlast Ten Sports as an ala carte..Actually at least the STAR Sports package should come free...SUN DIRECT has all of its group channels in Basic package (irrespective of language)DISH TV has all of its group channels in Basic PackageOnly Tata Sky does have their channels in base pack... it should come as default whatever base pack we subscribe to right.