List of the major OTT app subscriptions bundled by Reliance Jio Fiber and whether they are accessible outside the Jio STB

Below is a list of all the major OTT app subscriptions that are provided along with the Jio Fiber connection (Gold plan and above). I have also mentioned in front of the apps whether the subscriptions can be accessed on other devices or whether they are restricted only to the Jio Set-top box.

Below are the OTT app subscriptions which will be given along with the free 30 days trial for new Jio Fiber customers. The same is also applicable for old silver plan users who will be upgraded on 5th September:​

1. Disney + Hotstar VIP subscription (No premium subscription) - Can be accessed on other devices using registered mobile number
  2. Zee5 Premium subscription - Can be accessed on other devices using registered mobile number
  3. SonyLiv Premium subscription - Can be accessed on other devices using registered mobile number
  4. Voot Premium subscription (called Voot Select) - Only accessible on the Jio STB
  5. Voot Kids subscription (all content accessible) - Can be accessed on mobile app also
  6. Lionsgate Play - Only accessible on the Jio STB (via Jio TV+)
  7. Discovery Plus Premium subscription - Can be accessed on other devices using registered mobile number
  8. SunNXT - Can be accessed on other devices using registered mobile number
  9. Hoichoi - Can be accessed on other devices using registered mobile number.
  10. Alt Balaji - Only accessible on the Jio STB (via Jio TV+)
  11. ShemarooMe - Only accessible on the Jio STB (via Jio TV+)
  12. Eros Now - Only accessible on the Jio STB (via Jio TV+)
  13. JioCinema

For Gold plan (Rs. 999 per month):​

All the above OTT app subscriptions
+
Amazon Prime subscription

For Diamond plan (Rs. 1499 per month):​

+
+
Netflix Basic subscription (worth Rs. 499 per month)

For Diamond+ plan (Rs. 2499 per month):​

+
+
Netflix Standard subscription (worth Rs. 649 per month)

For Platinum plan (Rs. 3999 per month):​

+
+
Netflix Standard subscription (worth Rs. 649 per month)

For Titanium plan (Rs. 8499 per month):​

+
+
Netflix Premium subscription (worth Rs. 799 per month)

Last edited:
yes... 1st open on stb then other device .

Can jio Set top box having active subscription work on non jio network? My office has Jio connection and they gave set top box for free. I want to use it at my home which has Tata Play fiber.

Now I recharged with Rs 999 plan.
After going to OTT apps in Jio STB for Zee5, Sony Liv, Hotstar, Voot and Voot Kids; all were having premium plan activated. Live channels from respective apps is working as well from Jio TV+ app. I will check other OTT apps as well.

BTW Apps like Zee5 and Sony Liv work far better when compared with Airtel's DTH STB. These apps loads very slowly on Airtel STB, and navigation also takes lots of time. While on Jio STB, app start time and navigation is quicker.

If all family members became familiar with Live TV from Jio STB, I might stop recharging Airtel DTH 😀

@SVK Can you confirm which apps work outside the stb? and how? I just can't seem to make them work with my firetv.

@Lolita_Magnum I checked login to Zee5 and Sony Liv on my mobile. I entered Jio's Registered number. I got OTP, which when entered I logged in with Premium account.
Zee5 account also mentions I am on Jio's monthly plan.

Since most apps were working on Airtel STB, so I powered off Jio STB. Later when my 1 month plan expired and I renewed again, none of OTT apps on Airtel STB or Mobile was having Premium. It was showing plan expired.
I had to again power ON Jio STB and enter each OTT app to activate their Premium plan. I went to Hotstar, Zee5, Sony Liv, Voot and Discovery+, and each displayed banner that plan is activated.
So Jio STB is now just Pass to activate OTT apps 😀

Can anyone confirm on sunnxt . Seems to have stopped working for a friend on other devices from today.

Edit: Reinstall of app seems to have worked.

Last edited:
In some apps, refreshing the cache and app in settings of Jio 4k box fixes the problem. But for some apps, you not only need to do this but also play that app once on jio 4k box after every recharge. This is a problem which Jio needs to fix.

I'm getting a new Jiofiber postpaid connection tomorrow and confused whether to get the STB or not.

I just wanted to know if the Hotstar plan bundled with the STB is the Premium plan (costing ₹1,499 yearly) or the Super plan (costing ₹899 yearly).

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
With postpaid, you are not charged for the STB so there is no negative in getting one regardless of whether you use or not.
The Hotstar plan attached with JioFiber postpaid lists as a standalone Jio-Plan but features are more or less similar to the Super Plan but there are no ads when watching on TV.