List of Modem not working in BSNL West Zone

• Thread starter Thread starter kunalgautam
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 81
  • Views Views 52,642
By watching number of modem not working in BSNL West zone, I thought to post list at one place so that it can be informative for people purchasing unlocked modem.

Huawei E1750/1752
Source : https://broadband.forum/bsnl-mobile/62978-huawei-e1750-3g-usb-modem/

Solution : https://broadband.forum/bsnl-3g/64382-use-huawei-e1750-bsnl-west/

Huawei E156/156G
Source : https://broadband.forum/bsnl-mobile/62978-huawei-e1750-3g-usb-modem/post432446/#post432446

Huawei E176
Source :E122 or E1750 ?

Huawei E160E
Source :https://broadband.forum/bsnl-3g/63787-list-modem-not-working-bsnl/4/#post435463

Thanks to Admin for making this post sticky :smile:

Good work kunal.Admin, please make it sticky.

Lookin at current state, the BSNL cards doesnt connect with E1750 (or other Huawei), same bsnl cards can connect with different 3g mobile phones for eg Nokia different models, Sony Ericsson (X10mini pro i have tested), Samsang, LG, Motorola 3g enables phones, only not working with huawei ..can u understand what i want to say...i just know tat tata docomo gets connected as others say,does any1 knows what locked 3g modems says when an bsnl 3g card is put in it and trying to connect ....today i went to bajirao road bsnl office... a mam over said me 2 or 3 days earlier a boy came with Huawei E1750 modem Black one (i think its has three sym on it) and he get connected to internet with same modem with bsnl 3g.... sry for this big post but i think may be the pro with unlockin.... as when we dail, i noticed that connection terminates at Authentication with error 619... may be this will be related to improper unlocking...i m totally confused

Very true...he troubleshooting should come from BSNL folks actually...this is so frustrating

today i went to bajirao road bsnl office... a mam over said me 2 or 3 days earlier a boy came with Huawei E1750 modem Black one (i think its has three sym on it) and he get connected to internet with same modem with bsnl 3g....

Never believe aunties, they say whatever comes to their mind first. They are nice story teller too !

---------- Post added at 02:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:34 AM ----------

Very true...he troubleshooting should come from BSNL folks actually...this is so frustrating

I've personally visited to GPRS dept in Pune and they were unable to trace whats wrong. now how much further one can go for troubleshooting ?

Lookin at current state, the BSNL cards doesnt connect with E1750 (or other Huawei), same bsnl cards can connect with different 3g mobile phones for eg Nokia different models, Sony Ericsson (X10mini pro i have tested), Samsang, LG, Motorola 3g enables phones, only not working with huawei ..can u understand what i want to say...

i just know tat tata docomo gets connected as others say,

does any1 knows what locked 3g modems says when an bsnl 3g card is put in it and trying to connect ....

today i went to bajirao road bsnl office... a mam over said me 2 or 3 days earlier a boy came with Huawei E1750 modem Black one (i think its has three sym on it) and he get connected to internet with same modem with bsnl 3g....

sry for this big post but i think may be the pro with unlockin.... as when we dail, i noticed that connection terminates at Authentication with error 619... may be this will be related to improper unlocking...

i m totally confused

am using Huawei E1750 , using bsnl 3G for past 10 days never had a problem
unlocked one , got it from ebay

the black one u are saying abt could the T-mobile package , which am also using
Error 619 appears when server is busy , did u re-try ?

am using Huawei E1750 , using bsnl 3G for past 10 days never had a problem
unlocked one , got it from ebay

the black one u are saying abt could the T-mobile package , which am also using
Error 619 appears when server is busy , did u re-try ?
We are talking about west zone and you seems to be from south zone (from your location )

The problem may be with the firmware. try upgrading it. as you guys are using a unlocked modem, upgrading shouldn't be a problem.

select the proper modem and download the firmware from here: dc-files. com/files/Huawei/

If on windows 7, you'll need to run the firmware upgrade application with Admin privileges.

Note: Upgrade at your risk, take extreme care while upgrading. If you stop the process in between, the device will become useless.

Are there chances of the modem getting locked again after firmware upgrade? This seems to be a risky route.

Are there chances of the modem getting locked again after firmware upgrade? This seems to be a risky route.
Unlocking Huawei modem is very easy 😛

---------- Post added at 07:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:54 PM ----------

Has anyone tried with Huawei E1752 ?
E1752 has chipset of E1750 so Most probably it will not work in west zone. But if you want to test you are free 🙂 but remember to post result 😛

---------- Post added at 07:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:55 PM ----------

The problem may be with the firmware. try upgrading it. as you guys are using a unlocked modem, upgrading shouldn't be a problem.

select the proper modem and download the firmware from here: dc-files. com/files/huawei/

If on windows 7, you'll need to run the firmware upgrade application with Admin privileges.

Note: Upgrade at your risk, take extreme care while upgrading. If you stop the process in between, the device will become useless.

Already flashed latest firmware from that site for E1750, still not working

May be off topic but just for benefit of members... I do not think Huawei E122 supports voice calls...i'm not sure about video calls..something to keep in mind. On the other hand E1750 does support voice calls.

Already flashed latest firmware from that site for E1750, still not working

I'm seriously thinking of asking my ebay seller to replace my E1752 with E122. God knows... tomorrow E122 may not work with some other XYZ provider and then we'll have to hunt for some other 3G modem 🙂

Unlocking Huawei modem is very easy 😛

how do we unlock a modem........

I have downloaded Firmware update from DC Files for my E1750 .... after flashing with it do the modem gets locked....

how do we unlock a modem........

I have downloaded Firmware update from DC Files for my E1750 .... after flashing with it do the modem gets locked....

Na it will not get locked, juz you will need code generator which you can google and find. you have to put that code while flashing