Linux Wireless not working in Ubuntu 7.04 After shift to Bridge Mode

• Thread starter Thread starter Surfer
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 2,565

Surfer

ISP
MTNL 590 NU
Hi,I recently shifted to bridge mode from pppoe mode and my wireless in linux has stopped working . Earlier when in pppoe mode the network-manager used to show the wireless network and i could connect to it . But now the network-manager just shows manual configuration . In the network settings i have enabled roaming mode for the wireless interface . I cannot assign a IP to it as for the security the WPA option is not visible (only WEP available) . Is there a problem in the bridge setup and linux ?? . Has anybody faced such a problem ? I have enabled DHCP in my router and have added the address range as 192.168.1.2 to 192.168.1.3 . Any help is appreciated ..

could you post your iwconfig and ifconfig output from the terminal

ok .. solved it .. the pppoeconf had screwed up my interfaces file .. corrected it and its working now ... thanks for your response ...btw i suggest ubuntu 8.04 for all you linux freaks out there ... wireless is a smoothie in 8.04

oh yeah it detected the wifi card which vista 64 bit wont do. no drivers for vista. works like a charm on ubuntu.

still no wifi luck for my broadcom 4312 revision 2 chip 🙂 i have to use ndiswrapper. but it will be available in the newer kernel which will come with intrepid...but im using 8.04 64bit smooth as silk on my desktop and tablet...