• Thread starter Thread starter alig
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 13
  • Views Views 4,180

alig

The NeXt GeneraTion
ISP
Airtel
Thanks Admin for changing the name of the Post. This post is for various resources for Ubuntu - eg websites for games , programs , scripts etc. If you know of a website which might be useful to other Ubuntu/Linux users please post here, because "Sharing is Caring" 😀

Free Ubuntu app search site Appnr is a great way to find and install a huge range of applications and tools, especially for Linux newcomers. Faster and more explanatory than the default Synaptic installer, more expansive and up-to-date than the "Add/Remove Programs" tool, Appnr uses Ubuntu's apt-url handler to make it simple: Click "Install" next to any program, and your system takes care of the rest. I could only ask for results-as-you-type searching; otherwise, it's a great tool for searching and browsing what's available in the world of Ubuntu Linux.

Appnr - Get Ubuntu Applications!

PS = Lovin Rhythmbox>Radio>Transponder :irock:

Thanks. Check this site also,

Allmyapps

Nice This is turning into a good ubuntu resource -
PlayDeb.net Beta - Latest updates

Free Ubuntu Hack book -
Hacking Ubuntu

I am sure people using Linux know about these websites but for those who dont = (for wallpapers, themes, etc etc etc- for LINUX)

Eyecandy for your GNOME-Desktop - GNOME-Look.org
Eyecandy for your KDE-Desktop - KDE-Look.org

Full Circle Magazine
Full Circle is a free, independent, magazine dedicated to the Ubuntu family of Linux operating systems. Each month, it contains helpful how-to articles and reader submitted stories.
UPDATE: This Magazine is really cool. I read like 4 issues yesterday. Best is they select different parts of Ubuntu (eg. Gymp or maybe Python) and then every issue has a tutorial which helps you how to learn it. Its free to download in pdf format. Highly recommend it, even for beginners.
Keep it coming. :urock:

Ubuntu Podcast from the UK LoCo team

The Ubuntu UK podcast is presented by members of the United Kingdom’s Ubuntu Linux community.

Aim is to provide current, topical information about, and for, Ubuntu Linux users the world over. They cover all aspects of Ubuntu Linux and Free Software and appeal to everyone from the newest user to the oldest coder, from the command line to the latest GUI.

Because the show is produced the Ubuntu UK community, the podcast is covered by the Ubuntu Code of Conduct and will therefore be suitable for all.:thumb:

Of course: Planet Ubuntu

The common location of many ubuntu bloggers where you can get news, tips and what not..

Thanks Vishal for sharing. Guys if you know any good Blogs please post here the links. I know my friend Nuxer has his Blog. Nuxer can you please share your Blog's link here with us. Thanks for contributing guys. :urock: