• Replies Replies 3
  • Views Views 4,805

kvnonline

ISP
BSNL
Hi

Host: SLES10SP2 (linux)
Modem: DNA-A211-I

I bought BSNL broadband unlimited package.
I've configured (Wifi) modem to use using Wired ipaddr(http://192.168.1.1) as found in the same forum.

Reboot linux system.

Still i'm not able to connect Wireless to the internet.

I've 2 questions:

1. how do i verify required drivers for wireless are loaded/available
2. Any configuration specific to Linux are require.
I searched net but not found much discussion on this topic.

Any directions in this regard is much helpful.

-Viswanath.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear Viswanath.. SLED must have installed the necessary drivers what r u using is it desktop or laptop? what wireless adaptor is your configuration hve.. without determining this I cannot answer the question..for WIFI modem setting is OK.. but you have to installed thewireless adaptor driver.. In my case, My Compacq laptop ha Broadcom wireless adaptor.. when I boot in to Ubuntu' it told me Restricted drivers available.. I click the button to install.. after the installation complete, I can able to connect my UTstar wireless modem..I am not giving any web keys.. but open mode.. I wow never touch Novell products after they made facts with devil.. So I don't know how now Yast is behaving.. Last time I run the Green lizard is Open suse 10 which was great for me.. but that was past..Well what is your type of internet? why this posting was in Wimax.. now I am really confused?

Linux _ all Greek to me.
A suggestion:
Can you connect to internet in
Lan mode/ethernet connection / mode?

General instructions for LINUX users may be available here.
BSNL BROADBAND MAIN MENU

The wireless Ethernet card details can be seen
in Device Manager ( windows XP pro etc )
or in Wireless Network settings page.

Hi

Host: SLES10SP2 (linux)
Modem: DNA-A211-I

I bought BSNL broadband unlimited package.
I've configured (Wifi) modem to use using Wired ipaddr(http://192.168.1.1) as found in the same forum.

Reboot linux system.

Still i'm not able to connect Wireless to the internet.

I've 2 questions:

1. how do i verify required drivers for wireless are loaded/available
2. Any configuration specific to Linux are require.
I searched net but not found much discussion on this topic.

Any directions in this regard is much helpful.

-Viswanath.

Hi,

Your question is not too clear. DNA-A211-I router itself does not need any drivers on your computer (unless you are connecting using PPPOE). Your computer will need wifi drivers if you are connecting to the router wirelessly.

Since OpenSUSE works out of the box for a lot of wifi equipment (even my Belkin USB dongle works with DNA-A211-I!), I would first check the network configuration.

Go to Network Settings - diasble IPv6, create/edit the wifi connection to have either a static IP address as 192.168.1.2/24 or set to use DHCP as per your router setting, set the nameserver to 192.168.1.1 under hostname tab, set the Gateway as 192.168.1.1 under routing tab and check if it connects. Make sure the router has wireless set to on, the IP as 192.168.1.1, and the channel set to 6 or 9.

If it does not connect, then you might need to check the wireless drivers stuff here:
WiFi HOWTO - openSUSE

Last edited by a moderator: