Linux Mint Updates

• Thread starter Thread starter Jonas
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 307
  • Views Views 38,198
This should work for you.
Open up Firefox and its preferences window. Go to the "Applications" tab and you should see "magnet" on the list. Click on "Always ask" and if Transmission does not appear as an option then click on "Use other" and navigate to /usr/bin on your file system. Look for "transmission" or "transmission-gtk" and click that.

12.04 - How to make Firefox open magnet-links in Transmission - Ask Ubuntu

Just replace transmission with Vuze in your case.

That worked! So is it a problem with Chrome then? Need to check any such option in Chrome!

Anyone has any idea as to how do i sync up a folder in Mint? Its just an internal sync. I have 1 folder on my Hard Drive, and i want to replicate it into the default Music folder in Mint. The reason why i want to have 2 copies is very dubious.....The Music folder, is not accessible from Windows. In fact, any system folder.....i tried finding it, but i cudnt locate it. So i need to maintain a folder which is accessible from both OSes.On the other hand, the sync that i have setup with my phone & Banshee player in Mint, requires a system folder i suppose in order to sync everytime. If i ask Banshee to sync the fone Media with the previous folder, then it forgets the location each time the system is shut down.Now i anyways have good amount of excess space in the Mint system folder & hence, i just replicate the contents of 1 folder into the another......

Yep. I like it. Much better than using a pirated version of a similar sort of OS!