Linux As Career Option In India

ISP
broadband
I wanna know Linux Os is a better option in India as a job opportunity as I wanna pursue it and if it is then in what field or stream I have got to move ahead to get a better job in india?

What do you mean "Linux OS", do you mean programming for that platform (C/C++) or maybe higher level languages (any platform) like Python/PHP/shell scripting etc...Or do you mean like "system administration" ? Sys admin job can be a good option (fun, challenging, rewarding) if you're not interested in programming work...

What do you mean "Linux OS", do you mean programming for that platform (C/C++) or maybe higher level languages (any platform) like Python/PHP/shell scripting etc...

Or do you mean like "system administration" ? Sys admin job can be a good option (fun, challenging, rewarding) if you're not interested in programming work...

I guess I mean system administration but what I've to read in system adiministration plz elaboarte it

You could start by downloading and installing Linux (Fedora, Ubuntu etc) and play around with configuring various services like Apache web server, OpenSSH login server, FTP server, SAMBA file sharing, VNC remote desktop etc.You can do self-learning that way by scanning the Web or maybe take up professional Linux certification courses (like RHCP redhat certified professional) from a local institute....

how is the job oppertunities ... to be a unix (linux) sysadmin?
Linux sys admin can be good for job opportunity. CenOS is very famous linux OS for web servers.

Hi,The future is very bright for Linux in India. Open source software is going to be in a big demand.System Admin is the way to begin. Programming on Linux platform another career option.Linux consultancy is also a growing area. You can be a Linux consultant on a particular distro. Try to know as much as you can about that distro and help small to medium size companies, charities, local schools to adopt Linux. Even many experienced IT professionals have never used Linux. So whatever your plans are, your future is bright, provided you focus and update yourself.Certifications are useless if not followed by proper experience. My friend has many certificates, but he never touched those technologies. Waste of money basically.ThanksJames

You can work as a Linux trainer if you have enough understanding of Linux through professional experience. Certifications are a waste of time without experience.Some Linux trainers earn as much as 2500-7000 rupess per day of training. What do you think mate?