• Replies Replies 20
  • Views Views 12,690

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
The GNU General Public License is getting a major overhaul and is reaching its third version. However, one of the most popular open source application out their, Linux might not be adopting this updated license as the original Linux kernel developer Linus Torvalds has shown his disapproval for this.

More: https://broadband.forum/archives/2006/0...r-linux-kernel/

Linus Torvalds does not like the GPLv3 second draft
Founder and the leader of the most popular open source project Linux, Linus Torvalds has practically slammed the GPLv3 second draft.
He has said that the problems lies in the digital rights management (DRM) technology related parts of this new draft.
This section somewhat puts controls on [...]

https://broadband.forum/archives/2006/0...torvalds-gpl-3/

"In a recent Computerworld interview, Linus revealed that he's switched to Gnome — this despite launching a heavily critical broadside against Gnome just a few years ago. His reason? He thinks KDE 4 is a 'disaster.' Although it's improved recently, he'll find many who agree with this prognosis, and KDE 4 can be painful to use."
There's quite a bit of interesting stuff in this interview, besides, regarding the current state of Linux development.

Slashdot | Linus Switches From KDE To Gnome
--

Q&A: Linux founder Linus Torvalds talks about open-source identity

Never expect Gnome-3.0 to be such a disaster.Gnome developers now know how it will be to mess with codes and moves fast to new version of toolkits(qt4) :thumb::thumb::thumb:

I still prefer KDE

we shud not care even if its real 😀. we know what is really the best!

yeap. i dont think its photoshopped. and it means nothing really. he just probably was having fun at a retail shop. eventually, i dont think linus is anti-competition. he is not like the usual linux fanboy. 🙂

I think he's just being sarcastic 😀 As you can see there is a long queue and people are rushing in to buy Win 7 before it is SOLD OUT! lol:hysterical: