• Thread starter Thread starter sunnykinger
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 7,403

sunnykinger

Regular
ISP
BSNL BROADBAND
I bought a new router "Linksys WAG120N"I had a D-Link modem and Netgear router before and very good performance was comingthis new router works but I feel it disconnects in between.....it may be the problem from Airtel's end but I am confused ..... I am from Chandigarh.....Is there anyone who is experiencing problems with airtel broadband in chandigarhplease help

I bought a new router "Linksys WAG120N"
I had a D-Link modem and Netgear router before and very good performance was coming

this new router works but I feel it disconnects in between.....it may be the problem from Airtel's end but I am confused ..... I am from Chandigarh.....Is there anyone who is experiencing problems with airtel broadband in chandigarh

please help
set the mudulation mode to g.dmt and check if it is still disconnecting.

I tried it before posting hereit used to disconnectnow it is stable but I connected another router with my old routernow i connected the same router with this new Linksys WAG120n but the other router is not giving me good internet speed.......

I searched a lot and found few solutions

One of the solutions is that to change the wireless network mode to B/G-mixed from Mixed
I don't know how that wireless setting can improve disconnections of Internet which is wired
but it seems to work until now

When I bought this router, it came with 1.00.16 firmware .....which is the latest firmware for this device but when I searched around...I found out that this firmware is buddy

Some people made changes to their MTU settings , some made changes to Wireless network mode and some just downgraded to the old firmware

Now if I face any problem then I will downgrade to 1.00.12 ..... I have the old firmware file though

I posted this because it will be some help for someone if he/she also faces the same problem with this modem/router

Last edited by a moderator:
I tried changing the router as I had to face the problem againNow with D-Link modem and Netgear router, connection is working perfectNever ever buy Linksys WAG120N It is a buggy routerI purchased it because Cisco was a good name when we talk about networkingbut this product sucks

Same problem. I bought this modem in bangalore 20 days back and since then I have disconnection problems with wireless. Linksys telephone support person tried to do some configuration changes but it did not help. He was quick in telling me to return the modem and get a replacement. This shows that these people are aware of the problems with WAG120N. I am yet to take a replacement as their partner Accel Frontline does not have stock of WAG120Ns. Person with Accel Frontline in Chennai head office told me that there is a huge queue of people asking for replacement of this modem and it will be at least one month before I can expect any possibility of a replacement. What a pathetic set up Cisco has in India. These people know it very well that in India they can get away with almost non existing consumer rights. It is not easy to get relief from consumer courts in india and Cisco is taking advantage of this. I will never but any Linksys/cisco product again and will not suggest it also to anyone. A cheap Beetel modem performed well for me for almost 6 years.

Just a query is it a problem of Linksys?? I know many face the same problem but can it be because it is made on US standards and the line we get is not that great. By line i mean the dsl line. Maybe too much noise or not upto the mark.Edit: I have a WAG120N working perfectly with Airtel Connection and it is much much better than those airtel modems(beetel or binatone). Pings always equal or less than 1ms even during high torrent download/upload and gaming session. I have seen others fail here miserably.

confirm whether you get connected to AIRTEL in LAN mode.
PPPoE etc vpi/vci 1 and 32 for Airtel. If auto selected ignore. etc.
'+vbasic+'

check this emulator and post your status page.
'+vt_title+'
ui.Linksys.com/files/WAG120N/1.00.11/setup.cgi@next_file=Status.htm

You can click any menu item. enter your values then post it here. as screen shot.
Status page gives info for fault finding.
Alert me in BSNL forum. with same thread title.
Feedback

^^ You're lucky, I switched back to the Airtel Beetel modem for a week and got no downtime. As soon as I switched back to Linksys I got disconnected twice in one day. Since this modem does not provided line stats (SNR, etc.) I can't even figure out if its a line issue and since the Airtel modem is working fine I can only assume its the Linksys modem that's the issue.^I'll post in BSNL section.EDIT: Could you post the thread link for BSNL section, I couldn't find it.

Hi Guys, Whoever is reading this please stay away from WAG120N. I purchased it before doing any survey thinking that my prior product WRT120N was good; so this also may turn out that way but I was wrong. I did RMA process to get other piece of WAG120N however new router has the same problem as previous one. So at least don't do this mistake and save your money.