Linksys Modem router wag 120n

• Thread starter Thread starter louisjohn
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 20
  • Views Views 6,851

louisjohn

ISP
airtel 2mbps
I purchased Linksys WAG 120N modem router in bangalore and the Airtel technician installed same using the CD provided.The connection is constantly breaking.The airtel technician again visited and did a pinging test which showed the connection is breaking constantly.Later he went into checking the wag120n thru Aitrtel exchange and advised that The attainable rate is only 2844 as a value .actually this shud be more than 25000 as a valueHe removed the WAG 120N and installed my old beetel modem.The attainable rate was 23108He again installed his test beetel modem and the attainable rate was 22672.The airtel technician mentions that the WAG 120N is having the attainable value and I will have the constant internet disconnection problem.This vcan be resovled only by having a mdoem router which can give the attainable value of about 25000Can someone who has had similar problems get back to me on what to do ?????

I also purchased the same unit and is giving the same problem. I even did RMA once from Cisco however the problem is still there. I have seen other people also struggling with this modem. Cisco is not doing anything about it. For you, better buy some other modem instead. I am also planning to do the same.

I also purchased the same unit and is giving the same problem. I even did RMA once from Cisco however the problem is still there. I have seen other people also struggling with this modem. Cisco is not doing anything about it. For you, better buy some other modem instead. I am also planning to do the same.

I made a complaint with Linksys cisco and recieved many calls frm delhi customer support.
They made me take screen shots of various configurations after logging into 198.162.1.1

finally a guy called Abhijeet informs ms the modem is okay.

No solutions offered / no warranty exchange / no refund.

Now its a wasted investment.

I want to send the modem to Linksys cisco and let them use it as a paper weight

Check the Mod mode selected in WAG120N.

Presume you noted previous Sync Speed:
Select adsl2+ SAVE page.
Recheck.
Feedback.

Google search.
checking for emulator for WAG120N
Checked
below Virtual circuit box VPI/VCI
try ADSL2 + or ADSl2+M
Check in Connection status sync speed again.( i cannot access in Emulator )

I want to send the modem to Linksys Cisco and let them use it as a paper weight
Ask for a replacement model not same wag120.
Letter from them to the shop where you purchased this.

check the mod mode selection button for increased Sync speed.
for future reference to this thread. ( insert picture will be deleted after a week )

i185.photobucket.com/albums/x190/essbebe/WAG120Nemuadsl2.png

My DSL modulation is set to Multimode & I get 4Mbps. But yes, this modem is a complete *WASTE OF MONEY*. I found out this, unfortunately, a little after I bought it. My modem failed & I had no time to do any research. So, I bought the first DSL router I came across, which was a big mistake.

Check your line stats.
http://192.168.1.1/setup.cgi?next_file=adsl_driver.htm
I believe that Linksys does not give accurate stats, but it's worth a shot.

^ Thanks for the line stats link.

check the mod mode selection button for increased Sync speed.
for future reference to this thread. ( insert picture will be deleted after a week )
According to Airtel people its multimode, I have also tried G.dmt with similar disconnections. Will try ADSL2+ as well and see what happens.

EDIT: I tried ADSL2+ and the speed became slower than a dial-up connection. If the line stats are to be believed then Attenuation became 110dB with ADSL2+ mode.

I tried all the modulation modes available in WAG120N with Airtel over the last few days and even tried them for a while for disconnection issues. They all seem to be the same - similar speeds and similar disconnections. The line stats reported are given below ---- Multimode ---DSL Mode: ADSL2+DSL Upstream Rate: 1021 kbpsDSL Downstream Rate: 2560 kbps Down up DSL Noise Margin: 113 dB 431 dBDSL Attenuation: 113 dB 2 dBDSL Transmit Power: -381 dBm -487 dBm------ T1.413 ---DSL Mode: T1.413DSL Upstream Rate: 1024 kbpsDSL Downstream Rate: 2560 kbps Down up DSL Noise Margin: 110 dB 355 dBDSL Attenuation: 30 dB 89 dBDSL Transmit Power: -901 dBm -901 dBm------ G.dmt ---DSL Mode: G.dmtDSL Upstream Rate: 1024 kbpsDSL Downstream Rate: 2560 kbps Down up DSL Noise Margin: 110 dB 312 dBDSL Attenuation: 20 dB 104 dBDSL Transmit Power: -901 dBm -901 dBm------ G.lite ---Did Not Work--- ADSL2 ---DSL Mode: ADSL2DSL Upstream Rate: 1023 kbpsDSL Downstream Rate: 2560 kbps Down up DSL Noise Margin: 141 dB 385 dBDSL Attenuation: 141 dB 39 dBDSL Transmit Power: -382 dBm -466 dBm------ ADSL2+ ---DSL Mode: ADSL2+DSL Upstream Rate: 1021 kbpsDSL Downstream Rate: 2560 kbps Down up DSL Noise Margin: 104 dB 428 dBDSL Attenuation: 104 dB 1 dBDSL Transmit Power: -379 dBm -477 dBm------ ADSL2 L ---DSL Mode: ADSL2DSL Upstream Rate: 1023 kbpsDSL Downstream Rate: 2560 kbps Down up DSL Noise Margin: 142 dB 407 dBDSL Attenuation: 142 dB 39 dBDSL Transmit Power: -382 dBm -466 dBm------ ADSL2 M ---Did Not Work--- ADSL2+ M ---DSL Mode: ADSL2+DSL Upstream Rate: 1021 kbpsDSL Downstream Rate: 2560 kbps Down up DSL Noise Margin: 120 dB 429 dBDSL Attenuation: 120 dB 2 dBDSL Transmit Power: -379 dBm -487 dBm---

I tried all the modulation modes available in WAG120N with Airtel over the last few days and even tried them for a while for disconnection issues. They all seem to be the same - similar speeds and similar disconnections.
It used to disconnect at random for a few days after I got this router, but since then, it's been stable.

Is there any noise on your line?
Have you tried raising a complaint with Airtel?
Try connecting a telephone to your line & listening - if you have not done that already. Could be faulty wiring somewhere.

And, just in case, start searching for a good DSL Router :wink:. I guess we've learned not to go for Linksys ever again.

In case you want to know, my stats are:
Multimode
DSL Mode: ADSL2+
DSL Upstream Rate: 753 kbps
DSL Downstream Rate: 5120 kbps

Down up
DSL Noise Margin : 60 dB 26 dB
DSL Attenuation: 60 dB 125 dB
DSL Transmit Power: -380 dBm -447 dBm

just should have bought an el-cheapo modem put in bridged mode n attached it to a decent dd-wrt router...i have an akeoo ADSL modem bought for around 800 bucks doing duty for nearly 2 yrs now connected to a TP-Link WR941 ND flashed with DD-WRT

^^ I couldn't hear any noise on the land line, I even called Airtel a few times and they came and checked the line. As soon as I connect the Airtel Beetel modem I get stable connections with no drops.^ I don't have any electrical sockets to spare, that's why I wanted a modem + router.Anyone have any recommendations for a modem + router that works with Airtel?

Yeah, I'll try to get rid of it (its still usable as a WiFi router) and buy a modem+router that seems to work with Airtel.