LinkedIn Updates

LinkedIn reportedly got hacked. 6.46 million passwords leaked online!

- - - Updated - - -

leakedin.org told me that my password was indeed leaked and even cracked. i guess it is time to reset passwords on all important sites. 😕

Last edited:
Douchebag LinkedIn now thinks Opera is a mobile browser

LinkedIn Job Search on the App Store on iTunes

Now, opportunity doesn’t just knock. It also sends notifications.
LinkedIn Job Search gives you all the tools you need to easily find your dream job – or let it find you.
Quickly find job opportunities wherever you want with location-based search. Get automatic recommendations and notifications based on your searches. Apply with your LinkedIn profile with just a couple taps. And do it all in total privacy, knowing your LinkedIn network won't be notified.
· LinkedIn Job Search puts the job-finding power of LinkedIn in the palm of your hand with:
· Quick and easy search based on title, location, or keywords
· Recommended jobs based on saved searches, jobs you’ve viewed, and your LinkedIn profile
· Notifications when new jobs match what you're looking for
· A super-simple application process using your LinkedIn profile
· Total privacy – your network won’t hear a thing about your in-app activity

Easily Find, Learn About, and Contact Your Coworkers

Introducing LinkedIn Lookup: Easily Find, Learn About, and Contact Your Coworkers | Official LinkedIn Blog

Easily Find Your Coworkers
Let’s say I recently met a person on our corporate communications team whose input I’d like on a product I’m developing, but I can’t remember her name. No problem! With Lookup I can search for coworkers by name, title, current and past experience, education, and skills.

Since she works on our corporate communications team, I enter “Corporate Communications” in the search field, and click “search.”

Lookup provides me with the photos, names, and titles of my coworkers whose LinkedIn profiles include the skill or title “corporate communications.” There she is: Julie.

LinkedIn Lookup: Your Company At Your Fingertips - Find, Contact, Learn About Coworkers on the App Store on iTunes

LinkedIn Lookup is the fastest way to find, learn about, and contact anyone at your company, even if you’re not connected to them on LinkedIn. In seconds, you can find a coworker by title, skill, name, expertise and more. Learn about them by checking out their up-to-date, streamlined profile. And when you ready, instantly make contact, even if you’re not at your desk.

*Find: Looking for someone with a specific skill set or job responsibility?
Search by name, title, skill, expertise, or something about what they do.

*Discover: Meeting someone new at work?
Put a face to a name, learn more about them, and find common ground.

Reach out instantly through the app, wherever you are.

Plus, it’s just between you and your coworkers. Only coworkers using LinkedIn Lookup can view the profile data you enter into this application.

LinkedIn Lookup- the perfect tool for quickly connecting with coworkers who might otherwise be hard to find, uncovering hidden resources, and improving information sharing.

6Qdc0IB.webp
dH9fFKf.webp
zfGVhlT.webp
bgImvDc.webp
Z2RdEhX.webp

Last edited:
Microsoft to acquire LinkedIn | News Center

Microsoft Corp. (Nasdaq: MSFT) and LinkedIn Corporation (NYSE: LNKD) on Monday announced they have entered into a definitive agreement under which Microsoft will acquire LinkedIn for $196 per share in an all-cash transaction valued at $26.2 billion, inclusive of LinkedIn’s net cash. LinkedIn will retain its distinct brand, culture and independence. Jeff Weiner will remain CEO of LinkedIn, reporting to Satya Nadella, CEO of Microsoft. Reid Hoffman, chairman of the board, co-founder and controlling shareholder of LinkedIn, and Weiner both fully support this transaction. The transaction is expected to close this calendar year.

LinkedIn is the world’s largest and most valuable professional network and continues to build a strong and growing business. Over the past year, the company has launched a new version of its mobile app that has led to increased member engagement; enhanced the LinkedIn newsfeed to deliver better business insights; acquired a leading online learning platform called Lynda.com to enter a new market; and rolled out a new version of its Recruiter product to its enterprise customers. These innovations have resulted in increased membership, engagement and financial results, specifically:

19 percent growth year over year (YOY) to more than 433 million members worldwide
9 percent growth YOY to more than 105 million unique visiting members per month
49 percent growth YOY to 60 percent mobile usage
34 percent growth YOY to more than 45 billion quarterly member page views
101 percent growth YOY to more than 7 million active job listings

Last edited:
5 reasons Microsoft’s $26B LinkedIn deal will be a catastrophic failure

Crucial part:

“In essence, we can reinvent ways to make professionals more productive while at the same time reinventing selling, marketing and talent management business processes. I can’t wait to see what our teams dream up when we can begin working together once the deal closes, which we expect will happen this calendar year.”

They could have done this by partnering with LinkedIn. Buying them does seem foolish.