LINK SPEED OVER WIFI OF JIO GIGAFIBER

Shubham

Regulars
Jun 17, 2018
Any idea how to chance channel on Jio Gigafiber Router?
You can't change the channel on the jio router. You don't need to change the channel in 5 GHz because it isn't that common. For 2.4 GHz, what I have done is I disabled 2.4 GHz on jio router connected my old Mi 3C router via ethernet. So that way I can change the channel settings on Mi 3C router easily.

So if you have a router lying around idly make use of that.

sudeshgaba04

[OP]
Jun 26, 2019
You can't change the channel on the jio router. You don't need to change the channel in 5 GHz because it isn't that common. For 2.4 GHz, what I have done is I disabled 2.4 GHz on jio router connected my old Mi 3C router via ethernet. So that way I can change the channel settings on Mi 3C router easily.

So if you have a router lying around idly make use of that.
Yes, I also asked the customer care , they said they font have any information about that. May be when the commercial launch takes place, they will unlock all the settings.

Jun 23, 2019
On 2.4ghz speeds don't cross this. But the link speeds are 72Mbps. I thought speeds will be atleast 65Mbps while sitting near the router.

No matter how many tests done maximum download speed is 48Mbps and upload is 53Mbps.

Is it possible to cap speeds on 2.4Ghz from their backend ?

vishalrao

The Global Village Idiot
Regulars
Jan 21, 2005
Pune
These speeds are normal and no they dont/cant cap wifi speeds remotely. Even if you get 72 mbps link speed that is theoretical maximum, real speeds will be bit less, so around 45 mbps is normal to me. There must be other interference in your area.

Jun 23, 2019
Yes many people in my street have WiFi in their house. I also scanned what channel they are using and to my surprise all are using 40Mhz channel width. Only in this jio router settings are locked. Hope after commercial launch they unlock it.

yougotmehere

Regulars
Nov 14, 2013
Ludhiana / Gurgaon
On 2.4ghz speeds don't cross this. But the link speeds are 72Mbps. I thought speeds will be atleast 65Mbps while sitting near the router.

No matter how many tests done maximum download speed is 48Mbps and upload is 53Mbps.

Is it possible to cap speeds on 2.4Ghz from their backend ?
Lot of factors are at play apart from the router distance. Most important is the quality of Wifi Chip on the device. I am sitting next to the router and connected on 2.4Ghz with a link speed that should be greater than 150Mbps. I have no way to check that on my iPhone but i am getting 90Mbps DL and 94Mbps UL. Try doing these tests on a flagship device (S9, OP6 or Poco etc) and you'll get better results. SS Below for both the 2.4 and 5ghz speed tests

Last edited: