LINK SPEED OVER WIFI OF JIO FIBER

Yes many people in my street have WiFi in their house. I also scanned what channel they are using and to my surprise all are using 40Mhz channel width. Only in this jio router settings are locked. Hope after commercial launch they unlock it.

@Vishal | Chennai Same problem here. The Routers include the Jio Router of neighbour also. CC informed that channel change by user is not enabled. One will not like his neighbours too have Jio and will discourage them.

On 2.4ghz speeds don't cross this. But the link speeds are 72Mbps. I thought speeds will be atleast 65Mbps while sitting near the router.

No matter how many tests done maximum download speed is 48Mbps and upload is 53Mbps.

Is it possible to cap speeds on 2.4Ghz from their backend ?
gIGqBs6.png

Lot of factors are at play apart from the router distance. Most important is the quality of Wifi Chip on the device. I am sitting next to the router and connected on 2.4Ghz with a link speed that should be greater than 150Mbps. I have no way to check that on my iPhone but i am getting 90Mbps DL and 94Mbps UL. Try doing these tests on a flagship device (S9, OP6 or Poco etc) and you'll get better results. SS Below for both the 2.4 and 5ghz speed tests

7qugshV.png

847gGdi.png

Last edited:
Those who are all using ₹2500 router if you have a good high end phone can you check the link speed and post here.

According to some users here, using a flagship phone along with₹4500 router gives good link speeds in 2.4ghz mode. Just to know whether same happens to₹2500 router ?

That 866.7 mbps is definitely on 5ghz probably with mimo enabled
I don't have jio connection but i have multiple two gigabit router and one of them supports mu mimo when enabled i get 866 link speed