link-removed.com website is not opening on 117.197.*.* IP range

kuljit_dhanoa

ISP
BSNL
I am using Home 250 plan at my home with IP address range 59.94.X.X. link-removed.com website is opening perfectly on this connection. I have a Home 750 UL connection (256kbps) at my school, with the IP range 117.197.X.X. On this connection the link-removed.com website is not opening. The browser (Firefox) keeps loading the page and nothing is displayed. I tried all the alternatives browsers like IE, Opera, Chrome etc. but got no success. The torrents client (utorrent) is working fine and giving nice download speeds. But the link-removed.com website site is still inaccessible. Although there are other good torrent index sites but link-removed.com is the best. If anybody else is also facing the similar problem and found the antidote then do post it.Thanks In Advance.

try opera in turbo mode

I have a Home 750 Unlimited connection (256kbps) at my school, with the IP range 117.197.X.X. On this connection the link-removed.com website is not opening.

Did it ever occur to you that your school might be rightfully blocking sites like this for a reason?

It's your school's connection, not yours. If I was the network admin at your school, I'd make you pay for that connection in full if you abused it - you'd get yourself fired at most companies if you downloaded torrents at the workplace. Don't be a tool.

true words. 😀

i had be impressed if a school is smart enough to block access to services like torrent sites.

---------- Post added at 09:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:20 PM ----------

but apparently they fail at blocking torrents themselves.

true words. 😀

i had be impressed if a school is smart enough to block access to services like torrent sites.

---------- Post added at 09:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:20 PM ----------

but apparently they fail at blocking torrents themselves.

Blocking websites is easy, blocking encrypted traffic going to random IP addresses and ports with run-of-the-mill hardware, not so easy.

well it is a school. i guess they can block access to all ports except for the ones used by http. 😀 i am not very sure about how things work though. they do not have to deal with customers complaining my ftp server is not working. or my VPN is not working.

The School blocking issue might NOT be the problem.I'm a user from 117.201.x.x range, And I also cannot access the site. Its not responding. Pings also fail..

There are rumours that link-removed has blocked IP range 117.xx.xx.xx. My IP starts with 117.xx and I cannot access link-removed. You can access it using Opera Turbo or any proxy. My advice, don't try it at school.

Let me clear the facts. I am not a student of the school. I am a Computer Faculty and there is no blocking of the sites on the network . because i am the administrator of the computer lab. The problem of accessing link-removed.com is not related to a specific browser. If the site is blocked by the ISP then there should be some message displayed like page not opening etc. but instead of it the browser simply tries to load the page infinitely without loading the page. I also tried Google cache but the problem is not fully solved.

link-removed.com has been blocked by BSNL(in India), you cannot open it directly. you have to use proxy sites or you have to use other service providers like airtel, reliance etc to open link-removed.com

link-removed.com has been blocked by BSNL(in India), you cannot open it directly. you have to use proxy sites or you have to use other service providers like airtel, reliance etc to open link-removed.com

Looking at this from a strictly legal point of view, based on the content that link-removed provides access to, what right do you have to complain... is there a legitimate reason?

I don't think it has been blocked, as admin pointed out seems more like a DNS issue. link-removed worked fine for me until a week ago, now it refuses to open, same with what.cd and some others (not specifically torrent sites). Switched to openDNS and everything is fine as of now.