link-removed.com shut down for copyright violation

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 78
  • Views Views 14,355
File jungle was working some what. That too most movie/US TV serials download links have been removed.mediashare few links are working still.

250KBps download speed is slow for a 12mbps connection don't ya think ? ( whats the speed you're getting from mediafire?)

Ontopic. ..many mediafire links have been deleted.
I normally download using mediafire links but many websites having an index of mediafire links have reported that madiafire deleted their accounts 😕

cant download anything from sites like fileserve, filesonic etc as all content has been removed .. and downloading torrents from TPB are dead slow on 12mbps ..

----------

Ok just checked again its not like YOU is throttling torrents, cause i am downloading from another site and getting decent speed of 300 - 400 kbps on a 12 mbps plan but getting 8- 20 kbps while downloading from TBP .. really funny !!

I can understand why link-removed was shut down but I do not understand why almost all the top filehosts except link-removed have fled the file hosting business within days of the link-removed thing. SOPA and PIPA have also been postponed. So, what is the reason for all of them running away suddenly. They were following DMCA and so, there was no problem with those file hosts. Not sure what frightened them so much.

that they could be charged with the same things as link-removed?link-removed was also following DMCA.

I am quite sure link-removed was not following DMCA properly. If you had gone to any TV show website in the last few years, you could always see that every link died down and was removed due to DMCA notices but link-removed and Megavideo links were almost live always. So, it is not possible that the producers would not send DMCA to link-removed but to everyone else. I have hardly seen dead megavideo links anywhere whereas you could see loads of youtube, dailymotion, vimeo and other links down for the same shows or movies. Even if they were saying that they were following DMCA then it must have been just in words but not in reality. At least that seems to be the case from what I have seen in the last few years.

So are you saying that link-removed was the only file sharing service on the web not following DMCA guidelines?

I am pretty sure there are enough active links right now on services like MediaFire that are easily locatable using a simple Google search.

Also. link-removed was not hosted in USA (at least most of it) so they were not even required to comply with DMCA guidelines. DMCA is only applicable in the US market. It is not an internet law.

----------

You can continue to ignore what has already been said in this thread. link-removed was targeted because of MegaBox which was aimed at the music labels around the world and RIAA probably got shit scared because a whole lot of popular musicians were starting to support link-removed. I hope you have seen the advertisement released by link-removed. Read more about them...

----------

Swizz Beatz (husband of Alicia Keys and a musician himself) was in talks to become their CEO. In simple words. link-removed was going after RIAA.

megabox was the sole reason MU was targeted. pricary and all stuff are just a smokescreen to fool general public. the Feds raided the owners house in NZ with 76 local policemen with choppers and all, it was almost like hunting FBI Most wanted.

Was link-removed Targeted Because Of Its Upcoming Megabox Digital Jukebox Service? | TechCrunch

heh yeah. the raid was similar to how Osama Bin Laden was hunted. Not something that should have been used for an alleged copyright infringement service.

There might be some problem of the Megabox thing. I am not quite sure about Mediafire but most other file hosts including link-removed used to work on DMCA quite quickly. Even link-removed is in Germany and not US but still they used to follow DMCA. DMCA is legally not applicable outside US but then it has become a standard in the open internet except China etc. of course. So, it has been followed since the start. If DMCA is not applicable then the policy of fair use should also not be applicable outside the US. But then everybody uses content under Fair usage policy and so, there are some things which works out all over the internet in general even though they are US specific laws. Having said that, Netherlands did not pull down TPB completely and so, it depends from country to country. NZ and HK on the other hand cooperated to get the owners of link-removed arrested and service shut down so quick. Maybe if he was in mainland China he would have escaped easily without problem. I am not saying that what US did is right but Megavideo and link-removed were intentionally allowing the use of copyrighted materials from what I have seen in all these years. And they never pulled them off and it is not possible that nobody complained to them or sent DMCA about the content. Having said that, I hate the MPAA and those other obnoxious people too. Especially with the way they also have problem with Fair usage nowadays. For example, tons of youtube videos are pulled down merely for an usage of parts of songs etc. even in the background. These are definite problems for sure.

The thing is, why now. Even if I accept your assertion that they were lax in responding to DMCA complaints and the likes, they have been doing that for 7 years now. What changed suddenly?

this looks like the final nail in link-removed's coffin. they can't pay for hosting to retain the data neither can they receive payments from customers !