MTNL Delhi Link not opening - getting stuck at MTNL I.P

• Thread starter Thread starter Woke
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 47
  • Views Views 9,374
I am happy that I got rid of MTNL last year.....

MTNL is incompetent organization without any professional ethos..... users are unto themselves...... and any one claiming to get stable, promised and kind of dedicated speeds on plans...... is hallucinating...

You know.... the day I surrendered my connection..... the usual 10-15 visits to MTNL office/ offices to get anything done..... The officer was smirking and said the same..... that you will come back to MTNL because you would not get stable, promised and kind of dedicated speeds on plans.....

I am enjoying good speeds and service ever since I left MTNL....

One should get rid of MTNL as such in present scenario.... when n number of other service providers are there with 1000times (512Kbps to 50Mbps at same price) better plan and even better service.....

Although not all providers are good but definitely most of them will be better than MTNL.....

MTNL is incompetent organization without any professional ethos..... users are unto themselves...... and any one claiming to get stable, promised and kind of dedicated speeds on plans...... is hallucinating...
I can assure you I am not hallucinating.
6592839412.png

Most big ISPs in India are terrible, the good ones are limited to a certain expensive areas and can't reach everywhere which in my view is also terrible as they do not expand mainly because expanding will make their service not as good as it is now. Its much more easy to manage 100 customers than to manage 10,000 customers. I cannot say MTNL is the worst as in past 8-10 years whenever I had an issue they have resolved it in less than 4-5hours. And that happens once or twice a year. By issues I mean no or low or bad connectivity.
Most of MTNL guys are terrible when it comes to technical knowledge but if its a common fault, they can fix quite easily.
Other big ISPs take more than 2 days to fix the line if internet is down.

I have said this in past and will say now, if you have a good MTNL line don't leave it by being tempted by other ISPs. If you have issues with your MTNL line itself, there is nothing that can be done to fix it until you pressurize MTNL to replace your line.

Well thats my point of view based on my experience just like you have yours.

@Woke
Fuck being grateful. I don't care about that. All I am saying is look at the bigger picture and choose the less annoying service provider no matter which industry we are talking about. Ask you said I would choose Amazon over Flipkart anyday because most times I don't have to deal/waste time with their shitty Customer Care calls or emails if I need to return things. I don't have to worry about looking on their other site(s) to check which one is cheapest. For example, same shoe listed on Flip, Mynt, Jab is varied by prices and taxes and shipping charges despite the fact that they share inventory probably. But then again Amazon has experience of 20+ years and they know what they are doing quite well, they don't dabble into 'trying' other avenues of business strategy. Even if they do it never reflects to their service.

Point is the same, the experienced horse usually wins the race and the new horse on the track has to first understand the land beneath him and the figure out shit the winning horse already has understood over the years. But that doesn't mean you can't bet on the new horse. The more races he can race the more the chance of him improving.

References are going out of hand, so what I am implying. Any new ISP you see providing service in your area, at great prices ask them to provide a demo or something. You don't want a temporary fix. You want the least problematic ISP.
Switching to Airtel isn't a good fix imo. In my experience they been terrible and their plans are probably the worse. If you know for sure from someone Airtel is good for your area then go and try them until then keep looking for try to get MTNL issue sorted.

Right. Although I am grateful that MTNL was has been providing consistent service for the past ten years.. The only other option back then was Hathway, and although they seem to be doing a good job in general, they were pretty bad over here. In those days I was really thrilled to have switched to MTNL. But as time goes by I feel as if I'm just being left behind. I can overlook the sub par customer service, but there's no friggin way I'm staying on a 2 Mbps connection in 2017. If that can't be resolved then clearly I have no choice but to move on.

@Woke
For me Hathway's plan sucked at that time, they had good speed but their FUP was like 100GB for 3months and if you burn up the 100GB in 1 month you are done and rest of the 2months you had to live on 256kbps.
Last year I demoed hathway and their promised speed is never achieved for me its less than half of the promised speed and for some reason it fluctuates badly for me.
Airtel has terrible plans and worst of all for me in span of 60days it was down for 5 days.
TATA was and always has been great, their plans are not bad but not great but service was quite good. But these cable guys kicked them out and they aren't able to provide a line in my area anymore.
I am always on lookout for good ISPs as MTNL is just okay with speed and its plans but most too good ISPs have a catch and others are just okay.

And honestly your Delhi plans are quite weirdly done check out MTNL Mumbai plans
http://mtnlmumbai.in/index.php/broadband#fup-unlimited-plans
The plans are more like how much data you need. Speed isn't an issue.
For example, If you are not a heavy user and just need 50GB a month you can get 10mbps at ₹1000/month.
The crossed out data limit and speed is the promotional offer.

@demonicult Yeah, the MTNL Mumbai plans seem way better, and they go all the way up to 16 mbps. Perhaps the differences in our opinion of MTNL boils down to the fact that we're comparing two separate divisions. Even the website layout and design of Mumbai seems more modern and cleaner. Must be getting paid by the private cos to keep their services shitty here in Delhi. :biggrin:

I can assure you I am not hallucinating.
6592839412.png

Most big ISPs in India are terrible, the good ones are limited to a certain expensive areas and can't reach everywhere which in my view is also terrible as they do not expand mainly because expanding will make their service not as good as it is now. Its much more easy to manage 100 customers than to manage 10,000 customers. I cannot say MTNL is the worst as in past 8-10 years whenever I had an issue they have resolved it in less than 4-5hours. And that happens once or twice a year. By issues I mean no or low or bad connectivity.
Most of MTNL guys are terrible when it comes to technical knowledge but if its a common fault, they can fix quite easily.
Other big ISPs take more than 2 days to fix the line if internet is down.

I have said this in past and will say now, if you have a good MTNL line don't leave it by being tempted by other ISPs. If you have issues with your MTNL line itself, there is nothing that can be done to fix it until you pressurize MTNL to replace your line.

Well thats my point of view based on my experience just like you have yours.

Ok...... let me make it real for you my friend.... What you pay for whatever plan you have from MTNL...... nothing less than 1000Rs.

6593620529.png

I pay Rs.820/- including taxes... 50Mbps unlimited......... and service is better than MTNL..... downtimes/ troubleshooting etc.....

And MTNL is just in Delhi & Bombay...... and there are plenty of other ISP's out there in both the cities.... and if you are talking about MTNL & BSNL together..... you better wake up because if these corrupt, incompetent, good for nothing assholes could get their shit together, these PSU would not have been in such dire state...

I have had used MTNL... from the day they launched till last year(almost 20 years)..... lodging a complaint is one herculean task... If luckily you get through 1504.... then you have to take the complaint number to your local exchange to get them working...... and it will probably solve if it is a minor fault (by chance you go to exchange without lodging a complaint at 1504.... oohhh then the Babus will say why the hell did you come here at all.... lodge complaint)
..... and if it is a major fault or beyond exchange..... may God help you...... you keep on complaining SDO/ AM/ GM/ CMD....... they simply don't care..... it will sort out in its own sweet time........ And if you think your complaint will just solved by lodging a complaint at 1504....... I will call you again... you are hallucinating......

And there is no such thing as good MTNL line..... Copper wires contract & expand with season.....

MTNL & Airtel...... both have had sort of monopoly for almost 10-15years...... what did they do...... nothing...

MTNL is bound to perish......

I still have a MTNL landline.... cannot let it go as it is my primary business number.... but other than that I I have surrendered at least 10-15 numbers LL/ CDMA/ Mobile..... because of their poor service...

Ok...... let me make it real for you my friend.... What you pay for whatever plan you have from MTNL...... nothing less than 1000Rs.

6593620529.png

I pay Rs.820/- including taxes... 50Mbps unlimited......... and service is better than MTNL..... downtimes/ troubleshooting etc.....

And MTNL is just in Delhi & Bombay...... and there are plenty of other ISP's out there in both the cities.... and if you are talking about MTNL & BSNL together..... you better wake up because if these corrupt, incompetent, good for nothing assholes could get their shit together, these PSU would not have been in such dire state...

I have had used MTNL... from the day they launched till last year(almost 20 years)..... lodging a complaint is one herculean task... If luckily you get through 1504.... then you have to take the complaint number to your local exchange to get them working...... and it will probably solve if it is a minor fault (by chance you go to exchange without lodging a complaint at 1504.... oohhh then the Babus will say why the hell did you come here at all.... lodge complaint)
..... and if it is a major fault or beyond exchange..... may God help you...... you keep on complaining SDO/ AM/ GM/ CMD....... they simply don't care..... it will sort out in its own sweet time........ And if you think your complaint will just solved by lodging a complaint at 1504....... I will call you again... you are hallucinating......

And there is no such thing as good MTNL line..... Copper wires contract & expand with season.....

MTNL & Airtel...... both have had sort of monopoly for almost 10-15years...... what did they do...... nothing...

MTNL is bound to perish......

I still have a MTNL landline.... cannot let it go as it is my primary business number.... but other than that I I have surrendered at least 10-15 numbers LL/ CDMA/ Mobile..... because of their poor service...

Let me make it practically real for you my friend, I am not siding any ISP. I am saying the real situation in real world right now is only few selected areas in India are blessed with good ISPs who are limited with number of customers they can run this makes it really beneficial for them as they can not worry about buying more and more bandwidth for their customers.

For everyone else MTNL and BSNL is the only stable good connection that is easily available and the least worst of all the other shitty options.

This isn't a dick measuring contest, you can speak for yourself but you cannot say everyone is getting terrible service. I only replied to your point that no I am not hallucinating and I get the service they promised.
Also you have to understand most people wont come to forum to talk how good their ISP is most forums are complaint boards for the ones not getting good service. This makes it look like everyone is getting shitty service.
Yes, they have zero technical knowledge but as long as it runs fine they keep it on autopilot until something goes wrong.

I repeat X ISP is good only until its sustainable for them with limited customers. Once the number increases all ISPs in India turn into shit as bandwidth is really expensive in India and our(India) internet habit is still terrible - data hoarders despite having speed with which they can literally live on demand. This makes it really really hard for buying bandwidth. And so the local cable guys do shady shit to stay afloat and create a bad monopoly.

Last edited:
Is MTNL there everywhere in India????...... it is only Delhi & Bombay...... and in both places there are n number of ISPs are there....

And rest of India...... BSNL might be the only option......

And if you call MTNL good stable connection.... good for you..... not my cup of tea and may be most of us here......

I am not here to defend any ISP or offend you per se. I was trying to be rational. And sorry to say this but clearly you only read first two sentences and reply which makes discussions really pointless. I will end it here.

I am on 50Mbps unlimited plan for Rs 695/+ GST....

Triple play is not fully operational in Delhi as yet.. I changed to Triple Play on recommendation of my LCO... but they are there in Gurgaon...

Check out below link post#55.... it has contact for Gurgaon..... otherwise Excitel, Nextra etc are also good.... similar prce and speed...

ABS Broadband User Experience in Gurgaon (TL;DR: AVOID!)