link light blinks green, then turns off, status: link down

ok, so i tried my MT882 on my brothers' BB conn. and it worked fine. that NetXpert thingie did a few things and he was good to go. but when i tried to use his modem on mine, i usually get 'Authenticatio failed' or 'PPP Down' status. i tried all teh authentication types available, but nothing worked. also, i sometimes get the ADSL line, or sometimes it's down. i DO get teh SNR values when the ADSL line is there... also, i cant change the DNS server addresses. i could not find any option. am i missing something here???

Some progress !
1.Now there is no problem. In Beetel 220BX
Select another PVC and enter details for dataone.
First try always on mode.
do not add @ dataone.in or @ bsnl.in

2. In computer Start/Network/Local Area connection/Properties/TCP/IP/ properties
Check assign IP address automatically.
enter DNS 208.67.220.220 and 208.67.220.220

3. IN IE 192.168.1.1/main.html admin password
check the Advanced /diagnostics page. report.

PS: open TinyPic - Share the Experience!™ In search type Beetel. I have posted number of screen shots. If you need I can post fresh Beetel 220BX programmed for DATAONE.

4. Start/run type cmd type ipconfig/all
you should get 192.168.1.X ( X any number )
subnet 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway 192.168.1.1
Dhcp enabled.

im not a totaly n00b man :lol: ... you dont need to tell what i shud get in ipconfig IP address and all... 🙂 no offence! anyways, i already tried assigning IP automatically AND specifying the DNS servers that Dataone tech support gave me, 218.248.240.135 and another one which has a different last octet. another problem is that i cannot find the Diagnostic page in the router home page at all!!! i can only add a new WAN setting (PVC-1, 2, 3...) and change the protocol type (ADSL2, ADSL2+, Annex...) but i cannot find the diagnostic page!!! im using Beetel 220+ BX, i think...

damn... my internet at work becomes so slow after everyone logs out!!! it's as wierd as my broadband problem! anywyas, ill try everything that you told me... and yes, i've been learnin a lil everytime i visit this forum! btw, shud i change the phone line connected to my home? will that make any difference?

I found considerable changes in the SNR after i changed my wiring to finolex telephone cables. Yes, telephone cables do affect the performance of your broadband.

@dheerajsp: 1.Could you connect DATAONE with your brother's Beetel 220BX. programmed? and access the Internet ?2. Could you access the Advanced page and check ADSL status for SNR etc ?!Let us not go to start of the thread Posting NO 1 by you ,and discuss line conditions again.

thanx to a ****in' miracle and some experimentation and suggestions from here, everything is working on my Beetel modem!!! :hyper: :dance:thanx a lot... i tihnk enabling bitswap did the trick! though i still dont understand why!!! 😱

I have a similar problem

MT882 and UL900 plan at Nellore, AP

I have reset the modem so auto dial is presently not configured and i connect by dialing from windows

Here is how it goes

Turn on the modem, green light starts blinking after about half a minute and then gets steady, but sometimes it goes off after a few seconds and then the blink to steady process repeats

sometimes its steady and i can use the net for hours but sometimes only for a few minutes and sometimes it goes on and off every few seconds

i have not observed any pattern in this, it happens any time of the day

there is something else which adds to the problem, the modem behaves like it has been turned on and off except that the power light stay always on and the on/off procedure is executed. (as if i have just turned on the modem, but the power light never goes off)
any stetting changes stay intact so this is not the reset procedure

here is the summary when it connects

http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/3293/summaryet3.png

and here is a print of ipconfig

http://img292.imageshack.us/img292/8675/ipconfighf4.png

i have configured the ip settings manually and set the DNS servers on the PC to open DNS

all modem settings are factory defaults

and btw thr is a lot of disturbance in the phone line but this too happens only sometimes not always

someone pls suggest something🙁

^ please do not post the same query at different threads here .
however , one of the experienced members will try to solve it .

@angry_soul Try changing the ADSL Modulation to ADSL 2+ or if possible to auto/multimode. And regarding the second part of your query, i think your modem is getting overheated. I too used to face the same, when it gets overheated and freezes up.

set the modulation to Multimode ad you suggestedhave to wait and see because this is an inconsistent and irregular problem i cant decide weather the change has resolved it or its just a few hours festivaland what do you suggest i should do for the over heating problem?

Well that old mt882 burnt out due to heat problems. Now am on UTStar 300r2u, and it doesnt heat up that much.

Well i got them for free courtesy of Reliance. They had left an entire roll at my premises, when they came to install Broadnet. And when they didnt turn up for the roll, i decided to make good use of it. Coming to the matter at hand, they are available on all telephone (Land Phone) accessories shops in here.