• Thread starter Thread starter netfreak
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 14
  • Views Views 4,048

netfreak

Regulars
ISP
Airtel GPRS EDGE + VSNL
Currently I can not store more then 50 PMs in my account on this site. Is there a way to increase that limit? I don't think a PM will take sgnificant amount of space.

lemme check. who keeps PMs 😱

Well, sushubh seems to have increased it to 500 for all groups, but even then eventually it will fill up.A more permanent solution, is to go to your "My Controls" & click "Archive Messages" & send upto 50 messages at a time, in HTML format, to your mailbox, after which u can save it on PC & delete from mailbox (or keep in mailbox itself).Believe me, I got the same prob (on another forum), & after my PM box capacity was increased, I'm struggling even more now, with organizing msgs in categories & sending 50 at a time to mail & whatnot... to clear it out to accept new msgs.And then a week or 2 later, all of 1000 PM clogging the message center & I'm back to cleaning it out & prioritising which HAS to be kept, which deleted, etc....The point i seek to make, is that increasing capacity is not a solution, it increases problems for all - the member, admin & the db.

hmm...point...never knew it even existed 😛

Originally posted by prathapml@Mar 7 2006, 12:14 AM
A more permanent solution, is to go to your "My Controls" & click "Archive Messages" & send upto 50 messages at a time, in HTML format, to your mailbox, after which u can save it on PC & delete from mailbox (or keep in mailbox itself).
[snapback]43813[/snapback]
[/quote]

Thanks for pointing it out.

Archived and deleted messages from Inbox, have not received mail yet 🙁 Hope that this feature actually works

Oh no, why did u delete messages?You have to tell it to send messages from X folder as an html archive, and then allow it 2 minutes. After it reaches your email-inbox, delete those PM. If you deleted it too soon, probably its not able to compose the archive?Or probably, its just a matter of time. 🙂For example, mails from this forum dont reach me instantly - I still havent received any topic reply notifications since yday night.Or check to see if the PM archive went to your SPAM folder or something.....

well, i also archived it and sent it to my email but none came still...though haven't deleted them from my inbox here... 😀

Haven't received mail so far...I had selected "Delete messages after archiving?" option. Probably it deleted "before" archiving.