LG webOS TV supported apps list ?

• Thread starter Thread starter Sai
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 19
  • Views Views 25,398
Selecting India leads to a discontinued website. This is the Store for US users.

::: LG Smart World :::

Stupid LG.

I think one of the few options you have is to contact individual services you want to use and contact them directly?

That is ridiculous indeed. This was for a friend. Will ask him to get Firetv stick in case he can't find the services he wants in webOS store.

Not sure, havent explored much. But I am sure Hotstar, Sony LIV , Amazon Prime is not present.

the market is so small, it is likely that only bigger players would invest on it.

well the problem with obscure platforms is that even if the app is present today, it might stop working tomorrow because the company never bothered to update their app to support the new changes. I would focus on getting a normal TV. Smart features are best delivered by external boxes that can be replaced.

ditto, got LG smart TV too and it is so difficult to find apps on it, i don't think it came with Amazon prime installed and i need search if its there,

a hostar smart tv app would have been great !

I finally took the OTT plunge. I got it working on the new Samsung tv but when I went to the older LG smart tv I cant find the Hotstar app. so I am stuck. If I remember correctly it used to be there in the past but not now. Is there any way i can view hotstar on the LG tv? I tried the inbuilt browser, its so crappy I gave up with it.

Last edited:
I had seen it too in the past. To add insult to injury when I want to check compatibility of tv model with Hotstar on their site I am forced to login. When I try to login it says incorrect password & when I use the forgot password, it says does not exist!!!. Looks like after the warranty they deleted the login. @#$%^^^🤬