Lets save bandwidth!

coolguy00712

Here we will discuss ways to save bandwidth or you can say to utilize bandwidth.here my view:I think disabling animation will help to save bandwidth.

no downloads!!! :wub:

no internet 😀actually i used to save on quite a lot of bandwidth with plugin off and images in cached mode on Opera.

I have used many softwares which claim to increase surfing speed .But instead of saving bandwidth they are eating a lot of bandwidth. I think all these softwares which claim to increase surfing speed have no use for broadband users.

that's right!!!none of these improve ur speeds...may be in dial-up, but not in BB...

Definitely users of this forum protect their systems with proper firewall and AV apps. There are many home users who do not know that viruses eat up quite a lot of bandwitdh by way of mass mailing.Why not we think of suggesting of proper free Avs and firewall.Sandeep

well use this "Conceiva Download Studio"It is Multipurpose for downloading just about anything,websites,steaming music,videos etcSeach for it on download.comAnd Use Add annihilator it is wonderfull because it blocks all banners on websites if you are a internet explorer user

Originally posted by srrao@Aug 11 2005, 10:58 PM
Definitely users of this forum protect their systems with proper firewall and AV apps. There are many home users who do not know that viruses eat up quite a lot of bandwitdh by way of mass mailing.

Why not we think of suggesting of proper free Avs and firewall.

Sandeep
[snapback]20965[/snapback]
[/quote]

i use sygate (is free for personal use) and it is a really good firewall... one can try `avg' as far as free a/v is concerned.. (do not use this one so cannot comment) *hugs* pupudada!

For saving bandwidth, I use Opera in cache mode Disabling Windows update and turning off their messenger service and not having any P2P or YahooMessenger open when u not need them will really work...nd yes i do not have any firewall coz tht eats bandwidth too..For downloading, I use simple and powerful LeechGetFor saving flash or media files I just check my cache.