Lets get together and Tweet to BSNL for increasing FUP ...

What happens after 6 months on being on this connection?

If I'm not mistaken the promo plans are there only for 6 months and then the user is switched over to the existing default plan i.e. 299 - (8 Mbps - 1.5 Gb/day). Their website shows they take the users consent at the time of application itself for the move post 6 months.

just before the FUP gets exhausted has anybody tried to use VPN check if we are getting the pre-fup speeds?

that is what i want to know?My FUP is 5gb/day so it takes some time to finish . Someone with 1.5gb fup can answer this.

VPN changes the IP address,so there I think there is a chance that the data consumed may get not detected by bsnl usage monitor.I maybe wrong though.

VPN changes ip address for services you access. bsnl still gets to monitor all data transfer through it.

So why not you try urself,install the VPN disconnect and reconnect your internet,check the usage and than start vpn and download 200/300 mb file and disconnect and reconnect and check your usage again and see if its added to ur usage

And what about the speed? 10mbps for 1199 plus tax we are paying? Speed also should be increased atleast 40mbps as the minimum broadband plan.