lenskart.com and lensstreet.com

• Thread starter Thread starter GeorgePB
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 45
  • Views Views 7,819
I've used Lensstreet for a year now, and have found them to be thoroughly reliable and professional. They offer great deals periodically and are extremely responsive in case of any queries or issues. I'd recommend them over Lens Kart any day!

Follow up: I ordered from LensKart and used COD instead of CC. Lenses were delivered by Blue Dart, and the process took exactly a week.

Hello friends, I have thought to buy eyeglasses this time through online shopping from www.lenskart.com .

I am facing a big problem in choosing my lens material. The details r as follows

1.56 Thin plastic CR

1.61 Very thin plastic CR

1.67 Very very thin plastic CR

my right eye is having power of +4. So if i go for normal 1.56 Thin plastic CR glass will it be too thick. If so how much.

Please help me on this. I am on a budget for this. Now I have just 1.5k pocket money.

Regards,

sorry its -4.5 not +4 😀

lol...if you can wait for a couple of days i can confirm you how thick the lens may get with the ones that are included in the price. My brother ordered 1.56 one yesterday and will arive in couple of days time his number is somewhere -5.5This is my first purchase not sure which lens they use.

Ideally go for 1.61, but 1.56 is not bad for your power. Why don't you visit a nearby store and ask them to show you the difference between the two. You can then take an informed decision.

lol...if you can wait for a couple of days i can confirm you how thick the lens may get with the ones that are included in the price. My brother ordered 1.56 one yesterday and will arive in couple of days time his number is somewhere -5.5

This is my first purchase not sure which lens they use.
kk will wait for few days.

I think 1.61 is thin enough, but then again my power is nowhere close to -4. I'd second vrij's suggestion of asking your neighbourhood optician to show you both lenses.

1.67 Very very thin plastic CR for this -4.5 power glass would come at thickness of around 4.5mm.Wondering how much thickness would I get if i choose 1.61 Very thin plastic CR .Any Idea?

Just to give you a vague idea. My power is -7 and i just measured the thickness of my lenses and at its maximum on the sides it is 4mm and at its minimum it is 2mm. Mine is 1.56 index plastic lens.My optician says that you will not have more than 0.5 mm difference for -4 power at the max and less than 0.2mm difference between 1.56 and 1.61 indices. But it also depends on the finesse of the person who 'cuts' the lens. They need to be experienced to give the best results. Not sure if lenskart has such personnel in their ranks.I have myself personally ordered from lenskart a pair of specs with 1.56 index and the lenses are indeed thicker than my regular pair.So, suit your budget!

Just to give you a vague idea. My power is -7 and i just measured the thickness of my lenses and at its maximum on the sides it is 4mm and at its minimum it is 2mm. Mine is 1.56 index plastic lens.

My optician says that you will not have more than 0.5 mm difference for -4 power at the max and less than 0.2mm difference between 1.56 and 1.61 indices. But it also depends on the finesse of the person who 'cuts' the lens. They need to be experienced to give the best results. Not sure if lenskart has such personnel in their ranks.

I have myself personally ordered from lenskart a pair of specs with 1.56 index and the lenses are indeed thicker than my regular pair.

So, suit your budget!
ok tnx for the info.

May i know how much thickness ur having from the glass u got from linskart. Can u plz measure n tell me thickness plz