Legal issue with BSNL Home Broadband

ISP
BSNL
Hi,

I have BSNL broadband connection (BB Home ComboUL 675) which is unlimited plan for home users only.
The problem is that only one PC can connect to the internet at a time. By changing Internet Connection Configuration in modem, I can set it in PPPoE mode as opposed to bridged mode and connect multiple PCs to internet at the same time.

The question is, Is it legal? Obviously I am not hacking anything, there is still only one connection from by home, only difference now is that the modem now act as a gateway and allow sharing connection.

Thanks in Advance

Yes. Sharing your internet connection is legal. People use wireless routers or switches for this purpose. I am guessing sharing it with a neighbor might make it a bit of a complicated situation. But in your own house for your own devices? Completely legal.

@chromaniac Thanks for the quick reply. I also believed that it must be legal, but as I read in BSNL Broadband terms and conditions (Source
), It is written that Home users can only connect one PC. Also there is the fact that I am changing modem setting (via 192.168.1.1) which may be illegal.

I am a bit wary due to some previous experiences. Is there a way to confirm this BSNL? The office nearby has the worst customer care and I doubt they can/will answer my queries properly.

Ok. That document is lol. In any case, if you are breaking their terms of use, the best they can do is disconnect your service. You are not breaking any law as such. I would not worry much about it. The language is basically aimed at indicating that you cannot use home plans for cybercafes (multiple computers). Yes it is a poor choice of words. Yes, technically speaking you are breaking terms of use. But you are probably breaking the terms of use in many many other ways if you go by that document...

Subscriber shall use BROADBAND services for lawful purposes only. Subscriber shall not post or transmit using
BROADBAND services any material which violates or infringes in any way upon the rights of others, which is unlawful,
threatening, abusive, defamatory, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, vulgar, obscene, profane or otherwise
objectionable, which encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offence, give right to civil liability or otherwise
violate any law, or which, without the BSNL's express prior approval, contains advertising or any solicitation with respect
to products or services. Any conduct by a Subscriber that in the BSNL's discretion restricts or inhibits any other
Subscriber from using or enjoying BROADBAND services will not be permitted. Subscriber shall not use BROADBAND
services to advertise or perform any commercial solicitation, including, but not limited to, the solicitation of users to
become subscribers of other on-line information services competitive with the BROADBAND services. Subscriber shall
not upload, post or otherwise make available using BROADBAND services any material protected by copyright,
trademark or other proprietary right without the express permission of the owner of the copyright, trademark or other
proprietary right and the burden of determining that any material is not protected by copyright rests with subscriber.
Subscriber shall be solely liable for any damage resulting from any infringement of copyrights, proprietary rights, or any
other harm resulting from such a submission.

Good luck using the internet without breaking this term of use.