Leased Line in India

Alternatively, you may find Business Broadband to be sufficient - Solution By Business Need, simply because ILLs are not cheap... you're looking at 5 figures per month, and depending on the location anything up to 50k (though that would be an extreme case)

@mgcarley,
Can we use Reliance Business Broadband to provide internet services like in an apartment say with 10 users (via wifi or ethernet cable)?

@mgcarley,
Can we use Reliance Business Broadband to provide internet services like in an apartment say with 10 users (via wifi or ethernet cable)?

IMO I'd say unlikely.

But as I do not work with Reliance, suggest checking with them 1. If you're allowed and 2. What the requirements are (with regards to contracts and such), because ultimately, if you provide services to someone else and they commit a criminal offense online, ultimately it would fall on you, so if they do allow it, you'll need to ensure that anyone else buying will sign a waiver of some kind.

---------- Post added at 02:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:59 PM ----------

...but then again, would you really want to share 1mbit/s between 10 users?

IMO I'd say unlikely.

But as I do not work with Reliance, suggest checking with them 1. If you're allowed and 2. What the requirements are (with regards to contracts and such), because ultimately, if you provide services to someone else and they commit a criminal offense online, ultimately it would fall on you, so if they do allow it, you'll need to ensure that anyone else buying will sign a waiver of some kind.

---------- Post added at 02:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:59 PM ----------

...but then again, would you really want to share 1mbit/s between 10 users?
Thanks for a quick reply. I was in an impression that in order to provide internet services, Leased line is the only source. I got a doubt when i visited reliance bb webpage.

No i would never think of 1Mbps shared across 10 connections :isorry:

Thanks for a quick reply. I was in an impression that in order to provide internet services, Leased line is the only source. I got a doubt when i visited reliance bb webpage.

No i would never think of 1Mbps shared across 10 connections :isorry:

Leased line and ILPC (International Leased Private Circuit), yes. Like I said, you can check with Reliance because not being a customer of this particular service or an employee, I can't tell you what their terms and conditions are.

Interestingly, they still have the maximum tariffs shown on their website for this (2,99,00,000 per year for 155mbit/s) which runs in line with all of my original calculations of Rs34/GB from nearly 2 years ago... even though it's very possible to get a better rate than this. This illustrates why the tariff ceiling needs to be dropped significantly, to well less than 1 Crore. 50 lakhs would be better.

I am Interested in taking Airtel Leased Line Internet of 512Kbps 1:1 line. Just want to know what will be my monthly charges?
I am from Mumbai, Borivali.

^^I'm not sure if they do such speeds of LL anymore because of the smaller quantity, and they can deliver business broadband much more cost-effectively. Last I heard business ADSL was about Rs3k+tax for 1mbit/s (in Chennai, it shouldn't be significantly different in Mumbai).

Hi, i am located at Mhada, Andheri(W). I am interested in becoming an ISP here. Can someone please guide me, how do i start, where do i start, what all do i need. How much will i have to invest?

location:bhawani industries limited,focal point,village ajnali,gt road
mandigobindgarh 147301 , punjab
requirement: 1 mps or 2 mps

Is it possible for you to share your Lat Long ? Preferably from Google Earth . Try to find the location and post the Lat / Long or PM me ... It's generally a good idea to run the feasibility through Lat Long instead of address.

----------

Hi, i am located at Mhada, Andheri(W). I am interested in becoming an ISP here. Can someone please guide me, how do i start, where do i start, what all do i need. How much will i have to invest?

You will be better positioned in market if you go for a Franchise Option rather than going for ISP . There are already a lot of big fish in market which will give you a tough fight.

You will be better positioned in market if you go for a Franchise Option rather than going for ISP . There are already a lot of big fish in market which will give you a tough fight.
What Wrong message are you giving? If he is interested to start an ISP let him start.. Provided Money by Investors.
There are Small companies which have born 1 year back and they giving tough fight to biggies Ex: Excel broadband 1Mbps for Rs500 and Service is Good.
These Small when they perform well, they will be helped by some PE Investor to Grow big Ex: Beam.

Franchising Surely Reduces charges but the Real fun comes when you actually start off and Grow on your own Feet!

What Wrong message are you giving? If he is interested to start an ISP let him start.. Provided Money by Investors.
There are Small companies which have born 1 year back and they giving tough fight to biggies Ex: Excel broadband 1Mbps for Rs500 and Service is Good.
These Small when they perform well, they will be helped by some PE Investor to Grow big Ex: Beam.

Franchising Surely Reduces charges but the Real fun comes when you actually start off and Grow on your own Feet!

I don't see an Excel Broadband registered with DOT. Excell Media is a licensed Class-B ISP operating in Andhra Pradesh since a long time. I don't think that Excell Media can be called as a new player.

I expressed my own opinion because it clearly seems that the poster is totally new to ISP market. So, it is always my first opinion to enter into a market without putting a lot of CAPEX , see the competition and be the judge yourself whether you are willing to be a whole time ISP.

It is not that you can take ISP license and if it doesn't works out DOT will refund you the capital paid for acquiring license.

As far the example of Beam Telecom is concerned, they were in market for quite a long time and their service was not upto the mark . It was only when Atria took over Beam Telecom , invested a huge sum of money , migrated to fiber switches and gigabit ethernet the performance became better and now they are enjoying a subscriber base of over 1.3 lacs.

Also not to underestimate the local cablewalla ruling in respective place and the fight they are going to put to you if you wish to expand your service in their respective areas.

At the end of the day when you do the CAPEX & OPEX calculations, you are better off as a cablewallah compared to licensed ISP.

Would love to get replies on my comment as i am sure that there are a lot experienced peoples in this forum . I just joined today .

Well that is what i think. If you feel you will succeed there's no Doubt that you will fail Then there's No Question of Loosing money. What you've said is Right, You have joined today doesn't make you Broadband Guru.. What you spoke is just a common thinking/advice. Excel broadband is a New player in Hyderabad. I heard they are famous in kakinada and other small cities since 2008.

Well that is what i think. If you feel you will succeed there's no Doubt that you will fail Then there's No Question of Loosing money.

What you've said is Right, You have joined today doesn't make you Broadband Guru.. What you spoke is just a common thinking/advice.
Excel broadband is a New player in Hyderabad. I heard they are famous in kakinada and other small cities since 2008.

Excel Broadband is Licensed ISP or just another Cablewallah ? If you say to start something like Excel Broadband then we both are on the same chapter . It's just you Term Excel Broadband as a ISP , I term it as another Cablewallah .

Joining today doesn't makes me a broadband guru , but working on small to mid scale ISP deployment since 4 years does gives me some insight of the investment and profit gains and competition levels.

Edit : Kakinada is not something like Mumbai where you can become famous in a fortnight . Excell Broadband if i think correctly is Excell Media who is in market since a long time . They were supporting cable operators with bulk bandwidth and now they are in the market trying to spread themselves into retail segment.