Lease line connection with Guaranteed upload speed of 2mbps from Delhi to Doha-Qatar.

• Thread starter Thread starter logan3aug
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 1,856

logan3aug

ISP
1mbps unlimited MTNL
Hi We are Doha (Qatar) based company, We need Good Internet connection, which can provide us at least 2mbps constant upload to servers at Doha (ISP at Doha is QTEL). If any of ISP can guarantee the speed demanded we will place our order immediately.

The only ISP that can offer this kind of guaranteed service to Doha is Tata Communications with it's "International Private Line" product, which is an end to end product, so you'd be getting new fiber in the premises at both ends Tata Communications - International Private Line

Be warned, it won't be cheap - but I also wouldn't go by the prices in the brochure on this page as they're years out of date - and I'm not sure whether they'll include the local charges at either end (eg Mumbai to your premises in Delhi and/or once is leaves the landing station in Qatar) - that you'll have to negotiate with Tata.

For the record, my speeds to Qatar usually are not that great, however I just got the following result to Q-Tel's Speedtest.net server (my connection is up to 100mbit/s residential broadband at my home in Mumbai. This result is pretty good compared to what I've seen in the past, considering I've often seen pings of 700ms and speeds less than 1-2mbit/s in each direction and sometimes have difficulty having Skype-video conversations with my partners there):

A line won't solve it You need backbone infrastructureAny ISP having pops at both locations with pvc backbone cAn get this done U need two links One Doha to ISP pop and one Delhi to ISP pop in respective citiesI for a fact know AT&T can do this

Be warned, it won't be cheap
It's Tata. Definitely, it won't be cheap.
They charge as per their status, Tier 1 ISP even they charge high to end consumers who seek residential internet. Then, what tariff a leased line customers assume???

Pure Arrogance .... Nothing special with its residential/SME internet.

But yeah, I know. For enterprise solution, Tata Communication is preferred first rather than others. It is known for performance and service.
Tata communication sells bandwidth at rate of black gold.

A line won't solve it
You need backbone infrastructure

Any ISP having pops at both locations with pvc backbone cAn get this done
U need two links
One Doha to ISP pop and one Delhi to ISP pop in respective cities
I for a fact know AT&T can do this

Guess who AT&T buys from? Qtel has landed a cable as part of the Tata Global Network, so wouldn't it be better to just buy from the (part) owner(s) of the cables directly? The product I suggested *is* the backbone infrastructure, that is point to point carrier-grade Ethernet.

The alternative is to talk to Reliance whose FLAG system also lands in Doha but they're not considered to be "as good".

It's Tata. Definitely, it won't be cheap.
They charge as per their status, Tier 1 ISP even they charge high to end consumers who seek residential internet. Then, what tariff a leased line customers assume???

Pure Arrogance .... Nothing special with its residential/SME internet.

But yeah, I know. For enterprise solution, Tata Communication is preferred first rather than others. It is known for performance and service.
Tata communication sells bandwidth at rate of black gold.

Cheap/expensive is relative, of course - typically when buying direct cable access you pay by the kilometer and Doha isn't even as far from Delhi or Mumbai as Singapore, so if his negotiating skills are any good, it shouldn't be *that* bad. Of course, we have to remember, this is a private line we're talking about so we can't expect like Rs3k a month, but for a medium-large business even a few lakhs per month isn't a huge ask for this kind of service.

That being said, he'll pay a lot more per megabit for the E1 than he would for say a DS-3 or STM-1 even: instead of up to ~45k/megabit/month he can probably get it down to a mere fraction of that, but in that case I'd rather go for the DS3 anyway because it's only a few times the price but magnitudes more bandwidth. Guess it depends on the budget & needs.

mgcarley said:
Guess who AT&T buys from? Qtel has landed a cable as part of the Tata Global Network, so wouldn't it be better to just buy from the (part) owner(s) of the cables directly? The product I suggested *is* the backbone infrastructure, that is point to point carrier-grade Ethernet.

i don't need to guess who at&t buys from
it's always better to buy at wholesale rates
cost vs quality is always a trade off

i don't need to guess who at&t buys from
it's always better to buy at wholesale rates
cost vs quality is always a trade off

Isn't that what I said? A middleman (such as AT&T) will have difficulty being cheaper than the source, and it can't run anything of a higher quality on the same infrastructure, either - as I've been finding out in my own endeavours.

Anyway, can we not confuse the original poster? Talk to Tata or Reliance, but preferably Tata for quality reasons.