LCD Monitor - TATA Sky

• Thread starter Thread starter neoonwheels
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 18
  • Views Views 11,054
1. Model is Pinnacle PCTV 50i2. Earlier connected through RF now through Composite over S-video.3. Almost, some content is deinterlaced quite nicely while there are clear lines in some content.Composite -The composite video connector (yellow) from STB will go into the card's S-video input via the provided converter.The composite audio (red and white cables) from STB will need a RCA stereo female to 3.5mm stereo male converted jack and that will go into your sound card's line-in port.RF -1. The RF output cable from STB will connect to RF in on the card. No other cables required.Software -1. I found the Pinnacle software unstable and it wasn't giving audio for RF sometimes so I use K!TV (Kastor TV) for simplicity.2. If you want lots of options to play around with you can use DScaler for composite connections. It was unable to tune in to the RF channel.Best of luck.

you may check what lcd panel they use , and korean panel is better for LCD TV. There is easy way to learn about the panel spec by following website: SAMSUNG-Datasheet--PdfSea .

LCD (or Plasma) TVs is the latest technology, and CRT is slowly phasing out. In US several companies have already stopped production of CRT TVs. In India, LCD TVs have already overtook the 29" and above market. Its just a matter of time for the 21" CRTs to be replaced by 26" LCD TVs.
If you are planning to invest, dont ever think of CRT.

My recommendation will be - invest in a crt monitor now and swith to lcd in a couple of years when the prices will crash. You will get a viewing experience now with crt, and in two year's time, lcd will match or overtake crt's performance.

Another golden rule: buy only what you want, i.e. don't make it future proof.