Lcd 32' dth

• Thread starter Thread starter mailbinoyv
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 12
  • Views Views 3,798

mailbinoyv

ISP
BSNL EVDO, SIFY, TATA INDICOM
I am planning to purchase a 32'' LCD this Diwali. I have decided upon LG jazz. However I am very disappointed on the picture quality of LCD tv's in general. All 32'' LCD's I saw were too pixelite or the image was looking like a oil painting. The image was also too streached( which might be becasue its a 32'') At first i believed this was a settings problem, but no matter what the shopkeeper tried the picture would not improve. This is not for a particulat LCD, all of the LCD's I saw(including bravia, samsung series 5 and LG ) had the same problem. Viewing HD content is fine, I a concerned about the DTH and DVD output.Can somebody who actually have a 32'' LCD comment on the picture quality when using Dish or Tata Sky. Is it a configuration problem. Are you guys getting decent picture ?

Naa... No one is actually getting a decent picture. You need HD content if you want picture quality on that LCD to be decent.Well, I have seen DishTV and Tata Sky on 42 inchers and the quality is OK. I mean it ain't that bad. Regarding the LCD go ahead with Sony BRAVIA or Samsung. 🙂

I have Panasonic 37 incher, and i am not much impressed, but i will say ok-ok. If you want that premium quality, then wait for HD tech to roll out. Till then you will have to bear watever quality you'd get out of SD stb.

I am planning to purchase a 32'' LCD this Diwali. I have decided upon LG jazz. However I am very disappointed on the picture quality of LCD tv's in general. All 32'' LCD's I saw were too pixelite or the image was looking like a oil painting. The image was also too streached( which might be becasue its a 32'') At first i believed this was a settings problem, but no matter what the shopkeeper tried the picture would not improve.
This is not for a particulat LCD, all of the LCD's I saw(including bravia, samsung series 5 and LG ) had the same problem. Viewing HD content is fine, I a concerned about the DTH and DVD output.
Can somebody who actually have a 32'' LCD comment on the picture quality when using Dish or Tata Sky. Is it a configuration problem. Are you guys getting decent picture ?

I will recommend u to go for a plasma to view SD content as it gives the best picture quality.

Models to go for -

Panasonic Pv8 - 42" costing 53k
Samsung series 4 - 42" costing 50k

The pansonic is worth the price and is a great set.

Do audition the same , i am sure you wont be disappointed

that's disappointing, since no one mentions these problems anywhere. We dont have HD content in India like US does. I was lucky to watch television at my friends house in Chicago last year, and I was blown over by the quality of the trasmission. He had a 42'' Sharp LCD. The STB's are like 10 years behind what providers in US offer.
Right now I am really confused, should I just go for a slim 28'' CRT which looks much better than an 32'' LCD and costs 3 times less. or should I go for an LCD and take the risk.
Will IPTV bring HD content, or are the providers just making money by holding back the good stuff.

I will recommend u to go for a plasma to view SD content as it gives the best picture quality.

Models to go for -

Panasonic Pv8 - 42" costing 53k
Samsung series 4 - 42" costing 50k

The pansonic is worth the price and is a great set.

Do audition the same , i am sure you wont be disappointed

42'' is too large for my room. I will however look into it. Now to find a dealer in Nashik who keeps a Panasonic plasma.

If ur goin to consider flat crt, i'd suggest consideing 34'' videocon at 13k. Good value for money.

that's disappointing, since no one mentions these problems anywhere. We dont have HD content in India like US does. I was lucky to watch television at my friends house in Chicago last year, and I was blown over by the quality of the trasmission. He had a 42'' Sharp LCD. The STB's are like 10 years behind what providers in US offer.
Right now I am really confused, should I just go for a slim 28'' CRT which looks much better than an 32'' LCD and costs 3 times less. or should I go for an LCD and take the risk.
Will IPTV bring HD content, or are the providers just making money by holding back the good stuff.

42'' is too large for my room. I will however look into it. Now to find a dealer in Nashik who keeps a Panasonic plasma.

Here you get all channels in SD , so going for a full hd tv is a waste of money, hd ready tv's will give a better picture with SD content,

for a 42" set u need to have a minimum viewing distance of 10 feet,

if you dont have that, please don't audition the plasma, better to go for a smaller size lcd, but go for a hd ready and not a full hd model

^^ And wat if BIg/TS/Dish soon start beaming hd channels(1080p). We are already getting news now and then about dth players being interested in staying ahead by rolling out latest tech first than others. You never know, they can well surprise you in new year. lolz this is really a dillema situation who wish to buy HD tv sets.

Someone should make the following a sticky:

Picture Quality Rule of Thumb

HDTV + HD Content > SDTV + SD Content > HDTV + SD Content.

If you are using your TV for bluray movies and/or ps3/xbox360, then you are in the first category and golden. If not, best to go for the second category i.e. a SDTV (CRT) as there is no HD content on regular television here.
In other words, a HDTV with regular TV (CAS / DTH - including but not limited to Tata Sky, Dish, BigTV, AirtelTV etc.) will give you the worst picture quality of the different combinations.

Added to that, apart from DVDs, Bluray movies, PS3/Xbox360, there is no widescreen content, so either you will see significant bars on either side of the picture (waste of real estate of your screen) or the picture will be stretched (yuck).

Summary: Unless you use Bluray movies, ps3 and/or Xbox360, you are better off with a regular CRT (SD) TV right now.

If you have 60k for a LCD right now, use 20K to buy a fantasic 29" CRT, and buy 40k worth of shares. When the market recovers (which will happen before HD content gets here hopefully😗) you will be able to afford a bomb-ass LCD HDTV.

My 2 Cents.

Got an Xbox 360 NTSC U/C 120GB. and I must say!HD output in Sony Bravia With Sony Home theater is amazing!1080p Movies and HD games are such Pleasure to watch. And it's not until 2010 that HD content will be available to broadcast!SO unless you own a Console or a Movie maniac! There is no need to buy an expensive 42'' LCD just to watch DTH!Just go for a decent 37'' LCD and never buy a CRT as they will give much poorer Quality than LCD!!Look out for Contrast ratio and Response time of the screen!And if TV offers good Connectivity options for future appliances!Like 2~3HDMI output/Input , Svideo Component, and the normal worst quality AV cable! and Look if the LCD also offers Optical output so that you can connect to a Home theater system !And more over LCD make the House look good!

^^ And wat if BIg/TS/Dish soon start beaming hd channels(1080p).

1080p HAHAHA. First let them provide 720p atleast!!!!
Its a long wait before 1080p actually comes to india. 720p will come sooner.

currently i use DVD's but in future, say 2 years from now, i plan to use blu-rayssimilarly, dth service providers are saying that a couple of months from now, they will provide us with hd ready STB's. also, some production houses are planning to shoot their content in HD.so we cant expect that say in 3-4 years time, there might be full HD content available. i am not saying that it will be, but it is quite possible.so thats the reason why i chose full HD Sony bravia 32W400 over HD ready 32V400.also the W series has contrast ratio of 33000:1 compared to 15000:1 of V series.the price difference was only 6-7 thousand. i felt it was worth the money.i plan to use my lcd tv for at least 5-7 years. so all in all, if it fits your budget, go for full HD.

But why suffer for 3-4 years with poor quality of Full hd+ SD content combination quality. 3-4 years is not a short duration. You can have 3-4 kids .... hehe. I would rather suggest go for hd ready, as they are fair enough with sd content, and first we can expect hd ready contents to beam from dth providers. Full hd content is a far story yet.