• Replies Replies 32
  • Views Views 4,475

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
Intel and Lava to launch Medfield-based Android phone in India this spring? | The Verge

According to a report from BGR, Intel is planning to launch Medfield-based Android smartphones in India and China as early as April. BGR claims that Intel will partner with Indian brand Lava to launch a new smartphone brand that will be run separately from Lava; the phone itself is rumored to include a 1.6GHz dual-core processor with an 8-megapixel camera and and a relatively small display size of 3.5- or 3.7-inches.

heh. probably because bigger brands are not really interested in experimenting with intel chips when they are doing fine with arm processors?

lava would let intel launch low cost android devices and yeah, they would probably have more control over the end device.

i imagine the device would be an oem product that would be sold through lava branding in india.

----------

As we heard earlier, the Android-based Xolo will come with a 1.6GHz Medfield processor; from the picture above, it looks to be running 2.3 Gingerbread. Beyond that, we have few details on the X900, but earlier rumors also said it would have a 3.5- or 3.7-inch screen and an 8-megapixel camera.

Intel and Lava announce Medfield-based Xolo X900 for India | The Verge

What I expected. It looks like an OEM product based on a prototype model.

1.6 GHz dual core processor and 8MP camera is gonna be a be a hell of a combination for Lava to start off with. They are certainly wishing that just like for Samsung, Android works out very well for them too.

i am not sure about one thing though. considering this is a different processor platform all together how would third party apps work on it? software emulator?

----------

Lava Xolo X900 will be the world's first Intel smartphone starting April 23rd | The Verge

The handset is set for release in India on Monday, and has a 1.6GHz single-core Atom processor, a dedicated 400MHz graphics core, 1GB of RAM, 16GB internal storage, NFC capability, and a 1,024 x 600 WSVGA LCD display. It's also got an 8-megapixel camera that's capable of capturing 10 shots per second in burst mode. Unfortunately the Xolo X900 will ship with Android 2.3, though the company promises that an over-the-air upgrade to Android 4.0 is on the way.

However, for those who still want a handset with Intel inside, it's set to cost INR 22,000 (or around $425) off-contract.

This looks like a massively interesting package to me!

phones can be deceptive in nature 🙂 reviews would tell more. the primary question is about the battery life. this is where arm might have a lead over intel.

True, it would be interesting to see the performance comparison of the two as well. I guess.