Launch of dedicated section for problems related to airtel branded services

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 92
  • Views Views 23,741
I was told this offer is not applicable for 3G data. Airtel is making fool of itself. Looks like time to change the operator tomorrow!

Go a head. post ur experience afta tat

I spoke to customer care executive and I was told this 2GB offer is applicable for 3G data as well and airtel will commercially launch 3G on 24th January in Bangalore and Chennai...

I spoke to customer care executive and I was told this 2GB offer is applicable for 3G data as well and airtel will commercially launch 3G on 24th January in Bangalore and Chennai...

he's definately Fooling. 2GB for 3G at 98? LOLZ

Airtel broadband apathy

Like a lot of others, I too have an airtel connection, which I got 2 years back replacing a much adored BSNL, hoping for my "impatience" to be saitated. Well, apart from the other problems in the past, I recently started encuntering speed issues too (the very reason of constant speed that I got my airtel broadband for). A tarrif plan that gives me 2 mbps speed with 30 GB download limit, which I end up paying INR 2050 / month (roughly and I don't make any calls from the phone). Now I've been getting speeds around 0.14 mbps to 0.32 mbps in the day time for the past few days, my current data usage was 5 gb with a 25 gb balance to be finished in the next 12 days.

Hoping it was a minor niggle or a cable breakage, I ignored it for a couple of days, but because of my "Impatience" decided to file a complaint with Airtel. Sent a mail to the Airtel presence ID with no response for a day.

Subsequently decided to call the customer care today morning, hoping to atleast file the complaint. The female tells me she CANNOT log my complaint because their systems were down and I needed to call back after 2 hours. Somehow, managed to file the complaint through some direct calls and then starts the drama with checking of the backend n the engineer visiting me. The guy tests things which and comes to the conclusion that there has been a speed issue in the backend for the past few days.

Now, I tell him to atleast give me a timeframe of getting my speed back. To which he responds there is no timeframe and cannot commit anything on the same. I again ask him to atleast get me an email from their department acknowledging that the speed issues have been there, to which the department responds, they can't mail and I need to again contact the customer support for that.

My thoughts on this:

I end up paying a monthly fixed amount to Airtel, and at times getting dial up speeds. I also own a Reliance broadband data card, which is about 40% of the price , suffices my usage has a 10 gb data limit. The speeds are more than that of Airtel boadband, say around 1, 1.5 mbps mostly. Why at all should I continue with Airtel broadband when I can have more speeds for 40% of the price with the mobility advantage?

Need atleast one reason to not dump airtel forever !!!

I should mention here... I tried Somanshu with his problem. Apparently no use. I have now suggested him to get his Airtel connection disconnected and move to Reliance Broadband. It's a darn shame because I made him switch from BSNL Broadband to Airtel Broadband a couple of years ago.

I switched from Hathway to Airtel because of the feedback on this forum & recommended it to 2 others who took it. Now, I am not sure of the other 2 , but even I am now considering to get out. I also faced occasional downtime in the last 1-2 months which I never have in 2 years.

I am very frequently facing the problem of broadband disconnection. Everyday i will be calling to the Airtel customer care, they will be taking the complaint number, and some of Airtel executive will visit my place, he will be checking something and without resolving the problem, he will close the complaint. This is what happening since last month. I am totally frustrated with the Airtel service. Even, if i am calling to the customer care, in between they will disconnect the call. Really the service is very very very very worstttttttttt. They wont even give proper response. I am holding the connection from more than 2 yrs. Since begining itself, i am facing the problem. If i am requesting to disconnect the connection, they were not doing. Please please please dont go for Airtel broadband service. Their service is pathetic.

Hey ,Sorry to hear this, would request you to pls share your contact no. at airtelpresence2artel.in, our team will getintouch to help you with it

I am very frequently facing the problem of broadband disconnection. Everyday i will be calling to the Airtel customer care, they will be taking the complaint number, and some of Airtel executive will visit my place, he will be checking something and without resolving the problem, he will close the complaint. This is what happening since last month. I am totally frustrated with the Airtel service. Even, if i am calling to the customer care, in between they will disconnect the call. Really the service is very very very very worstttttttttt. They wont even give proper response. I am holding the connection from more than 2 yrs. Since begining itself, i am facing the problem. If i am requesting to disconnect the connection, they were not doing.

Please please please dont go for Airtel broadband service. Their service is pathetic.

---------- Post added at 03:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:55 PM ----------

Hi ,
Sorry to hear this, would request you to pls share your contact no. at airtelpresence2artel.in, our team will getintouch to help you at the earliest to resolve this.

I switched from Hathway to Airtel because of the feedback on this forum & recommended it to 2 others who took it. Now, I am not sure of the other 2 , but even I am now considering to get out. I also faced occasional downtime in the last 1-2 months which I never have in 2 years.

Hi ,
Sorry to hear this, would request you to pls share your contact no. at airtelpresence2artel.in, our team will getintouch to help you at the earliest to resolve this.

Copy,Paste business?? Suckers?

Hey ,Sorry to hear this, would request you to pls share your contact no. at airtelpresence2artel.in, our team will getintouch to help you with it

Hi ,

do something about FUP's otherwise Airtel will have to shutdown its BB buisness in coming months.

And yes no need to reply on this...just give this message to your shitcan bosses.

Yeah right, you correctly expected me to be looking back at this post of mine to see if you ever respond... and wow you did in just around 5 weeks... gr8 going... Did you even think that I might have closed the connection in the 5 weeks... anyway forget it.... and dont bother sharing your emailid .. I know it by heart... since I have seen you posting this (and only this) in the forum several times before...

airtel dont deserve to be the no1 i dont know how they get ranked every year for this ,

These are mails which I have sent Airtel.Dear SirI have been an Airtel customer fropm the year 2000.I have got this landlinenumber 411 21 959 since March 2003.I wasn't happy with your services anddisconnected my broadband connection early last year.After 6 months I decidedto give Airtel another chance and applied afresh for a new connection ( June2012) after paying Rs 1000 to Anand 72048 05717 .Even after 15 days when I didnot get the connection I was forced to cancel the same.When I requested for arefund of Rs 1000 I was told that I will get it back 30 days afterdisconnecting my landline.I was forced to disconnect my landline that I had been using for more than 9years.Even after 6 months I did not get any refund.In Jan 2013 I decided to reactivate my landline and also get a new broadband connection.I got a call fromyour executive Wasim who said that he will activate the landline and broadbandconnection the next day.When I told him that I was ready to pay 3 or 6 monthsadvance rent he told me that in that case he would provide the Wi Fi modem freeof cost as mentioned on your website.The line was activated on the 22nd or 23rdof Jan but since I haven't yet got the modem I am unable to use it.I have been calling 198 2 to 3 times every day but absolutely nothing ishappening.Please look into this issue and resolve it as soon as possible.Some complaint numbers2777 5460LB 12800 1742798 13802798 1512 29th JanNadir 98451 15980HiI have got an old used modem from Airtel last evening.There is no adapter alongwith it.The man who came with it has asked me for Rs 100 as some service ordelivery charge.When I asked him for a reciept he has refused to give me 1.Iam not looking forward to service of this kind.When I take a new broadband connection the least I expect is a new modem withadapter and box packing.Nadir 98451 15980This is service by Airtel.Used to be the fastest earlier but now they are only after money.

Getting frequent disconnection problem on Airtel broadband, and even my phone line is dead. Seems like a problem from their side as I have checked all the cables, and everything seems fine