• Replies Replies 23
  • Views Views 4,342

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
ok, i need to be online 24x7 for 2 months. and i hate to get myself a shared package. just wanted to know what everyone of u on the UPTO packages of sify have experienced. would be buying off the upto 96kbps pack in a couple of days.

I don't think you will buy a 96kbps pack in a couple of days.

after the chat i had with the customer support. i dont think i will buy any shared package at all.96kbps has a 6hrs limit. other shared packs have the 75megs limit. this contradicts to what someone else on this board got from his customer support guy. he was told the limit was 100 megs a day.these guys are definitely pathetic.

The limits are the same as usual, my upto 48 has a 75mb limit (speeds are same as 32+), and I suspect the 96kbps has the 6hr limit and isnt faster than the 48/64

Sify could have listed the Upto 48 pack on its website with the note saying that it's available only in Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai, ......etc. instead of saying "Call us for special city specific packages". This kind of thing that is "call us for this and that" annoys me. The website is there now so why should we have to call anyone for some general info :-|

Look about what we are talkingjust look the numbers we mention48kbps.. 96kbps... its just a matter of 2 or 3kB/s more.. 96 and 48 , there is almost no differenceVery smart of sify to launch it.. speed will almost be the same while they get more moneyi say: the hell with sify

the latest news from other isp in india makes me say... to hell with internet in india.

well that other guy who said that limit was 100mb is me , lol , i m pretty sure bcoz the guy who told me this wasnt frm customer care but sify's delhi technical help team( lol as if that does matter), and as of internet in india , u shuld stick to airtel for ur needs if ya r ready to spend arnd 650 bux per month.

i am ready to spend 1500 bucks for a no catch or limits 128kbps connection. if anyone can provide it in panchkula, i am game.

Originally posted by ujjwal@Dec 12 2004, 09:29 AM
The limits are the same as usual, my upto 48 has a 75mb limit (speeds are same as 32+), and I suspect the 96kbps has the 6hr limit and isnt faster than the 48/64
[snapback]3082[/snapback]
[/quote]

Great ! Is this stuff documented somewhere on their site ? I have been milking the connection a little too much over the last week (1100 MB in the last 7 days) and did not know about till I came here.

I was thinking of posting something positive about Sify, and now this.

I wonder what happened to the report that Sify'd permamnently cap your connection if you download more than 100 MB/day for more than 2 days. Anyone experiencing that yet? If Sify really implements it I am sure to send a hate mail to them :angry: ---->If you have to frigging cap a connection, cap it after 7 days of heavy downloads, not just 2 days, considering such "great" speeds you offer us.

75megs limit on all the three shared packages. limits of 6hrs is gone. 96kbps package becomes 24kbps after 75megs daily download.got this from chandigarh office.

its just too much pain in the @$$ , cant take it anylonger , once this 6mnths pack is over then im gonna kill the damn people one by one untill the whole customer support service dies out, im feed up of this evry day crap that these people tell me, regardin speds and limits. :angry:

control yaar 🙂 they are finally forcing me to take my lazy @$$ off and plan to move to gurgaon...