Latest internet plans from Airtel Broadband (June 2019)

• Thread starter Thread starter Joy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 42
  • Views Views 11,172
Airtel has a habit of only showing upto 4 plans on their page. Their app will give the true picture. Right now app is still showing all the old plans abd none of the new ones. Let's see what's the situation in a week when their app will get updated.
Actually these new plans were available a month ago in the app.
1299 Plan showed - 24 Mbps unlimited
1599 Plan showed - 24 Mbps upto 600 GB

But that might be a glitch and they disappeared after a while.

AI1gI3w.jpg

These are the updated plans in the Airtel app.
Why would I opt for 1099 plan with 24 Mbps speed when I currently have plan with 100 Mbps for 999.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: IBF
I am on 599 plan and I don't see anything below 799 on app. Also 1599 for 24 Mbps / 600GB and 1299 for 40 Mbps / 600GB.

Classic Airtel. I wonder what's the thought process behind these new plans.

5Y3ckIi.jpg

@manojrk This 1599 plan makes no sense in your case when 1299 plan with better speed and added Unlimited Local & STD Calls. Literally, Classic Airtel.

Updated plans in the Airtel app.
3c8TMDS.jpg

Now no plans below 799. Looks like an attempt to increase the ARPU. 😂

I am currently on ₹1299 100Mbps/ 525GB 6 months ARP (additional 15% discount). My plan is ending today. And i applied for disconnection to get to their retention team. I wanted them to increase my speed to 300Mbps at the same cost. But they are only giving me a ₹100 discount on the 300Mbps plan i.e ₹1499 after discount. I asked them to call me back when they get a better discount for me. Do you guys think they can increase the speed from 100Mbps to 300Mbps on my current plan?

I don't have any experience with the retention team, but judging by what I've read on this forum, they only reduce the rental or increasing data limit. Haven't really heard them increasing speeds.

I am currently on ₹1299 100Mbps/ 525GB 6 months ARP (additional 15% discount). My plan is ending today. And i applied for disconnection to get to their retention team. I wanted them to increase my speed to 300Mbps at the same cost. But they are only giving me a ₹100 discount on the 300Mbps plan i.e ₹1499 after discount. I asked them to call me back when they get a better discount for me. Do you guys think they can increase the speed from 100Mbps to 300Mbps on my current plan?
I've tried this before, but i only got reply telling they can provide only 100rs discount on tariff, nothing else. In Bangalore

Whew! That’s still good, then. But will the existing plans continue for customers? I mean, I’m on the 999 plan which doesn’t exist anymore. Does Airtel change plans for existing customers or leave them as it is?

Existing plans will usually continue, but they may start calling to tempt you to upgrade.

I am also on 999 plan and just this afternoon I thought of paying for 6 months and I find the plan removed.

Honestly, I'm thinking of downgrading Airtel and using it as a back up connection. Trying to get the lowest possible plan with retention.