LastPass Families

Sushubh

Administrator
[OP]
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
From Passwords to Passports, a New Way to Manage Your Family’s Digital Life | The LastPass Blog

Unlimited sharing with your family
Every family is unique, so you need a flexible way to store and share information with others. With LastPass Families, organize items into as many folders as you need, so you can share login credentials to household bills with your significant other, while sharing entertainment sites with the whole family – all while keeping personal sites separate in your private vault.
A family backup plan
There’s no telling what the future holds, and traditional methods of preparing for the unknown no longer cover everything. With LastPass Families, you can combine all valuable information, from online bank accounts to Social Security cards to healthcare details, in one place and give emergency access to a family member so you’re never locked out in unexpected situations.
Simple setup & management
With a LastPass account for up to 6 family members, LastPass Families allows everyone to easily store and access all their passwords and information, no matter what device they’re using. The lead family manager purchases the subscription and is able to designate additional managers, as well as add and remove family members.
I could not find pricing on their website.

dextermorgan

Regulars
May 12, 2014
Hyderabad
theyre just beta testing it. its free for premium users for 6 months.

lastpass costs 12$ annually iirc. should see how the family plan holds up

Sushubh

Administrator
[OP]
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
how can i beta test something. get family members to get used to it. without knowing what they would charge for it!

Sushubh

Administrator
[OP]
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
But you know what it would cost.
Getting family members to start using a software without knowing eventual cost of that software seems like a trap.

dextermorgan

Regulars
May 12, 2014
Hyderabad
i mean its sort of implied its a trap ie get users to like the product and then charge it after theyve got addicted. but knowing lastpass, i think they'll give sufficient notice before charging for it and not spring a surprise to members

Sushubh

Administrator
[OP]
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
the problem here is that if only i was to get affected and make a decision, it would have been fine to not know the price at the time of beta test.
the problem here is that you would spend time and resources to teach the platform to your family members. and eventually if you do not like the price, you would not only have to change your own way of browsing the web, your family members would also need to do the same.
so it is still a shitty thing to do. expecting you to teach lastpass to your family members without telling you how much you would be paying for the same eventually.
i am sure pricing would be fine. but what if it's not! lastpass now has a parent company which might not do the right thing with them.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
IBF Apps 0
Sushubh Apps 1
Sushubh Apps 2
Sushubh Apps 11
Sushubh Apps 103