Last mile connectivity for fiber connection

ISP
Reliance, Tikona, BSNL
I am getting a fiber optic connection from a local ISP, and they are claiming that their entire network runs on optical fiber(I'm told copper doesn't conduct for more than 100 meters, but I do not have knowledge on that subject). They have their terminal from where they distribute the connection in my area in the house right next to mine, so the cable distance from their terminal to my router would likely be 15-20 meters.

Should I get copper for the last mile cabling or should I go with fiber? Their pricing for fiber is 4x higher than copper, and they suggested copper to me and they say it wouldn't make much of a difference over such a short distance. Is that true? And are there any problems copper can cause which I should be aware of?

What speed you are opting for? What technology its based on adsl, docsis, ethernet?

Its a 10mbit connection, and the speeds are symmetrical. Its a PPPoE connection from what they've told me.

If you're going to have to maintain the last mile, fiber is a strict no. Otherwise your call, no significant disadvantage with copper.

Regarding the 100m thing, in general Ethernet cables are designed to function at 100m without signal loss. It is not a hard limit.

Also, copper does conduct over 100m.

They'll be the ones maintaining the last mile connectivity. Why is fiber not recommended for this case? And would copper over at most 50 meters have a significant increase in latency or jitter? I'm fine with a 10-15ms increase. Also, they've told me that they'll do the cabling overhead, and that's a clear line of sight with 0 other wiring, so I think interference wise, copper wouldn't cause worry.

Go with the copper line from the next house. You will see no increase in latency or jitter.
Why pay 4x more for the same performance?

The only thing to note is that the fibre line will (probably) terminate in a panel which requires power supply. Ask about the battery backup time for the panel in case the power fails.

Let us know the name of the ISP, price, experience etc.
Enjoy your 10 Mbit connection.

Do you mean I would have to use a power supply at my home with a fiber connection, or it would be needed at the next house where they have their terminal? I'll ask them about the battery backup, and I'll post a review after having used them for a while, but the price is 2500 INR for 10mbit 100GB, and its a local ISP(Orange, Nagpur).

Whats the use of having fiber when speed is just 10mbps? Copper can easily do it. Why take hassle unless you are getting 1gbps speed...

Yeah, I'm sure copper wouldn't cause speed issues for downlink, but I remember hearing that you can't get symmetrical connections over copper(not sure if this is correct). And I was also concerned about latency bumps, but now I know that over such a short distance, they would be minimal or none.

The power supply is for the panel & will be taken from the premises where the panel is located.

There will probably be an ethernet cable from the panel to your computer/router.

Broadband via DSL/Cable providers will never be symmetrical. Fibre/ethernet is a different story.

I just called their office, and they said that with fiber, I would need an adapter at my house, so copper is looking much better in that case. They also said that I'll get symmetrical connectivity no matter if I use copper or fiber. Are they bullshitting me then, or is symmetrical connectivity over copper possible?

This is how I think it will work:
Fiber goes to panel.
Ethernet cable from panel to a computer/router.
So, it will not matter if the panel is on your property or the next property.

Symmetry is possible over ethernet. What's inside the ethernet cable? Copper.
That's why they're saying that you'll have symmetrical connectivity if you use copper or fibre.