Lasko Electrostatic Air Purifiers

Alright. So this is not a scientific test from any angle. I managed to get pm2.5 to around 100 and wait for a while to see if it remained at that level as per the mi device.

Then I turned on the lasko at max speed. The values on the Mi device are back to 20-30 levels right now. Took around an hour I guess. It's possible that the values could have dropped by themselves without Lasko running. Hard to be definitive about it.

But it does look like Lasko does take care of pm2.5 particles.

I suppose I can take both the device upstairs where it would be easier to get natural quality of pollution (lol) to test.

Last edited:
managed to get it to 600 and waited for a few minutes before running lasko at full speed. around 40 minutes later, it is down to 85 right now.

Thanks sushubh for taking pains to review lasko. Think its as good as hepa ones if not better in my books specially with washable filters. I have 2 mi 3 ones(hate to see 0% filter message😡 and no option to reset it. I just vaccum the filter once a while and its been working fine but think need to change the filter now been around16months) have my eyes on the lasko one. Is yours the bigger model? Also does it remove odurs?. Think will go ahead and buy one

still have faint smell of a mixture of room freshener and incense stick right now. so it might not work well with strong smells i suppose. probably the same case with hepa based purifiers.

i have one mi purifier at my place that has nfc based filter tracker. and yes, it's annoying. this is why i went with sqair last month for hepa based filter. not planning to buy or recommend the nfc based mi purifiers. mi 2c works fine.

and i have the smaller model. bigger model made sense but the noise is always the primary criteria. running these devices 24x7 is better than having more fans for better efficiency.

Last edited:
Cleaned up the filters today. Ended up with a blacked out sink. Now the annoying part is to dry it completely before I can put it back in the machine.

The timer on the machine iirc is set for 90 days. Didn't want to wait for that long. I did see in one of the 10s of videos on how to reset the clean filter light on the machine but I sort of forgot it. I think it stated to keep the power button pressed for 5 seconds in machine off state. Would find out once the light turns on.

Why dont you use that air blower thingy to dry it off? I find it very useful for not only drying stuff like car post washing but things like rooms nooks n corners before vaccuming, occasionally dirt debris off the terrace including leaves etc to even things like keyboards n gadgets (at lower speeds). Do invest in one if u already dont have one..quite handy. I have one from stanley(600 watts) variable speed..really served me well..even does a decent job of crude vaccum with the provided bag😀

I actually placed it in front of a blower heater with heating element off. Worked fine after around an hour. The blower I have only has one speed. Which is way too high. Probably would have damaged the filter. Considering you are trying to dry it off not just remove all the floating water on the metal bits.

So more than a year has passed, the warning light on this device never turned on. I have been cleaning it up myself every couple of weeks. Earlier it used to make screechy noise when the filter got chocked. In recent months, it has even stopped doing that. I think the electrostatic component is malfunctioning and the warning light has been dead out of the box. I do not really consider this product an air purifier any longer. Would likely get a HEPA based model once this is dead. I currently have it running at low speeds in the lobby area 24x7 because well I have no idea what else to do with it lol.

Based on the reviews on Amazon, the company does not have any support infrastructure in Delhi NCR and they just lie about on-site warranty. I am not expecting much from their Indian resellers. But I have sent a mail asking for a service visit. Would update if something comes out of it.

Stick to HEPA based purifiers people 😀

Whatsapp them on +91 96060 80480. Maybe cos of holidays they aren't responding.Infact i have had quite a pleasant experience dealing with them(once they responded back) they shipped a brand new unit as replacement in my case. Yes they dont have support but they have a 3rd party repair service that they arrange and if the issue still remains they just ship a new unit.Just be at it. My unit is working flawlessly. Infact bought another unit last year. Just clean that wire thingy properly(or replace that with the spare one) and also the spring contacts at the bottom

Have you ever had the filter light on so far? 🤣

You did remind me that I have not cleaned up the cable in a while. As for the joint at the bottom... Do I take out the cable and clean the edges properly and put it back? I would have to find the spare cables... I think they should still be in the box... They really should list the cables on Amazon.

The light not turning on even after a year or extensive usage is still an issue I would like resolved.

Good point😛 but jokes apart.. i have 2 one in my bedroom and one in my moms. Mom never closes the windows of her room(even runs the ac with widows open🤣) and her purifier chokes up (red light) every month and even if the light doesnt show , while washing one can see the amount of soot/dust/ carbon (its awful to look at and satisfying at the same time that the purifier is doing a fab job) had it been the hepa one (i had mi ones before bakwaas absolutely) i would have been shelling out 3k every 2 months.only thing good about them was the pm reading/meter.
As for my room, its always sealed till my ac conked off recently when i had to let the windows open for few days till new ac came and thats the time when the red light came up. But still i used to clean it every 2 months and it used to catch a lot of crap. Soi think if the purifier lights up faster in (relatively)open areas compared to rooms that are always closed.
Frankly i never let it reach a stage that it lights up(infact crackling sound is an indiacator that it needs to be cleaned) and clean it irrespective at scheduled intervals. It really does a fab job bringing down pollution levels(had once used mi readings for comparison and time taken by it to purify air)
Just be careful with the wire as its delicate but not that much that it ll break. Just take the whole thing out(the round corners slide out) think there is a video on youtube. Not only the edges but the entire wire has to be swiped(two three times run a damp towel along the lenthh of the wire)
Their cc is slow but very helpful just be at it. My purifier is the bigger one iirc yours is the smaller one but dont think the assembly or parts or functioning is different.

I remember last diwali mom left a diya burning in the room and this thing sucked the entire smoke out of the diya before finally shutting off as it choked. Thats what impressed me so much that i bought another unit.

Last edited: