• Thread starter Thread starter x720
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 1,232

x720

Incoherent Poster
ISP
airtel, BSNL, MTNL
So, a friend of mine is looking for a laptop. Budget isn't a constraint. Should run all the Adobe Creative Suite(Cloud?) Apps well, as well as some stuff from Autodesk (Maya in particular).

Any suggestions?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I do some freelance Graphic & Video Editing on a Samsung i5, 1 TB HDD, 8 GB RAM and honestly speaking I'm not very satisfied. First off the display is shitty, 1338 x 786 looks primitive, I wonder why the resolutions of laptops aren't increasing like smartphones. And the HDD is the bottleneck of all performance. So I'd say just go for a Mac. Macbook Air should do as Pro is kind of overkill. Retina model is cool otherwise even older models still work great (if budget dictates). The IPS screen on Macs is so much better than these LED/LCDs in producing colours and the resolution on Macs is also much higher. It has an SSD which is super-fast. It should be enough, for storage you could get an external HDD. Adobe Creative Cloud is very smooth on Macs and most professionals in the West use Macs only.

Upvote 0
Or you can just get a cheapo display with 1080p resolution. I know my 30" is kind of stupid. But I do not know how designers can even use PhotoShop on a 11" display even if the display is retina.

Upvote 0