• Replies Replies 22
  • Views Views 2,204

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
A UI designer friend needs a new machine. His budget is around Rs. 50,000. His requirements are i5 Haswell and 6GB RAM minimum. Decent GPU would be needed because apps like PhotoShop rely on them a lot. Needs 1080p display. Not sure if these would fit in the budget. Hence asking! He would prefer Windows 8.1 Pro and 3 Years Warranty. If warranty is less, it should be extendable before 1 year are up.

He needs to get a gaming laptop, which is not possible in that budget. If he's into UI designing, a macbook is a better option I think. But still not possible in that budget.

Upvote 0
Why? He does not need a high end GPU. An decent onboard one would be good enough. It's Photoshop not Crysis.

Upvote 0
Looks good. One year warranty and slightly higher price tag... But quite good. Thanks!

Upvote 0
I've seen people working even on Photoshop suggesting a macbook, mainly due to the display. It has something to do with the color reproduction of the displays on a Mac.

Upvote 0
He cannot buy it himself as his new company would be buying for him. He can only recommend the model around the budget that has been allocated to his job profile.

Upvote 0
Nishant said:
I've seen people working even on Photoshop suggesting a macbook, mainly due to the display. It has something to do with the color reproduction of the displays on a Mac.
Not all designers work on Macs. It's India in the end. Companies care about fast output rather than color reproduction. It's web not print 🙂

Upvote 0
chromaniac said:
Looks good. One year warranty and slightly higher price tag... But quite good. Thanks!
you get 10% instant less even if you dont have SC card. SC card is a bonus 10% cashback 🙂
and it has 3 year warranty as well

Upvote 0
as mentioned above, his company would be ordering the machine on his behalf. he just needs an idea on what is available in the market that he can send as a recommendation to his new company. the alternative is that he orders it for himself but in that case, his company would refund him Rs. 15K per year for the machine which does not look as nice.

Upvote 0
Nishant said:
Right. The people I'm talking about mostly work for magazines 😀
Right. Print people are largely going to be on iMacs or Mac Pros with Apple Displays. There are very few displays from other manufacturers that cater to this segment of the market. HP has a new range out in USA but I do not see them bringing these to India.

Upvote 0