Laptop Clock showing wrong time ?

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 13033
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 1,004
D

Deleted member 13033

My laptop seems to be showing wrong time.
After starting it up it showed right time for 20min then started showing wrong time.
Laptop is only 1.5 years old :
clock cell gon dead ? Not sure how easy its to replace it did not find anything for it online for my model Lenovo Z560... :

Well you would need to access your motherboard so... I suggest check with your local Lenovo service center if they can do it for cheap to be on the safer side.

yup it probably is. Can't find where exactly the battery is located on this model.

if cmos battery is gone, usually BIOS would display a warning. [color=#ff0000;]Press f1 to continue[/color]

to check whats wrong, click on clock on system tray ( or go to control panel--> Data & time)

Change data and time settings
Click on Internet Time-->Click change setting if needed.
See if your system uses it, Most systems using internet time from "time.windows.com" should not show wrong time on clock, no matter your bios is able to tick while power off or not, as comp. will sync time everytime you are connected to Internet

problem was it was set to US pacific instead of India and since it was set to sync via [color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Droid Sans', helvetica, arial, sans-serif;]time.windows.com [/color]it automatically went to US time lol :tongue: I just recently did the install of win7 so forgot about it ... :
getting the battery change on a laptop would have been a pain .. 😛hew: