laptop broadband connectivity problems

• Thread starter Thread starter lucky99
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3
  • Views Views 2,309

lucky99

ISP
bsnl
Hi guys,Iam relatively new to this thread-newly joined the BroadBand familymy plan is home 500C+Modem type is ZTE Software Version: ZXDSL 531BIIV7.3.0f_D09_IN its a type 4 modem with 4 ethernet and wifi connectioni have 2 laptops one with win-xp (used by my brother) and other with win-vistarecently i am not able to download when both laptops are online-it stops midway between downloads EARLIER I had download speeds upto 250kbps. now i can download only at 20-35 kbps maxalso the modem settings seem to be changed to enable bitcomet downloadwhat can i do to regain my original speeds ???

1.Confirm, . whether in the other laptop also the speed is reduced 2. Try to check the speed at speed test.net same server say Sydney. (a) only your laptop connected.\ in wifi mode (b) .......do.........................\ in LAn mode. (c) with both laptops on in wifi mode.3 Use OpenDNs 208.67.220.220 and 208.67.222.222

the xp laptop is working finechecked the speed and it shows upto 1.7mbps and ad/load speed of 265kbpswith both laptops on- d/load goes fine in the other laptop at almost 200kbps

(a)Where is the data for laptop ( VISTA) 2 ? reply _____________________________Always reply to queries specifically.(B)You can also switch off laptop 1 (XP)and then see, if speed improves reply _____________________________________(C) Can you check speed of LAPtop2 (VISTA) in Lan mode ? reply _____________________(D) Post ipconfig /all of laptop with Vista