• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 3,869
Status
Not open for further replies.

gbarnwal

ISP
BSNL
Dear BSNL IPTV Users,Could you please tell me if the language change option for channels are allowed? For example, the CN/Pogo etc, Tata Sky gives the option to see in English, Hindi etc.Also the channels are grouped in any format like what is provided here in Tata Sky.I was browsing thru all the threads and read somewhere that switching between channels takes min 3 secs and sometimes more than that also. ie. 5-10 secs, is it true? I am planning to go for BSNL IPTV and your response to this thread would really be appreciated. Regards, Gopal

- Language change options are not there presently.- No user controlled grouping of channels, but IOL themselves seem to be groupin movie, music, regional channels sequentially- It's true - channel switch takes around 3 seconds and sometimes upto 10 seconds.- It works fine most of the times. Sometimes, it gets stuck and you need to switch channels to get it back- But things are expected to improve, A LOT. It may be a good idea to wait a bit though.

Thanks PMadhan. BSNL are giving me a trial period of 15 days. They also are offering 20% discount on my broadband/Telephone charges(Overall not only monthly) if I take the connection now. Wait period is anyhow going to be there since the installation is from BSNL. The time frame what is given to me is by mid-december for the free trial and after 15 days if I wish to take it then the billing will start from Jan'08. Sounds good!!! Cheers, Gopal

That's good to know. But I doubt if it's on the overall bill or only the rentals. I saw this about the rentals on the BSNL Pune Website. Can you share who provided this information ? So, that everyone can benefit ?Cheers,Madhan.

I tried reaching him on his mobile but couldn't get hold of him. He claimed to be calling from BSNL who first approached me. Even I was checking my landline bill and there also they have clearly mentioned 20% discount on the fixed monthly charges for Broadband/Telephone. So in bangalore it would be less than Rs.100/- (considering 250 for BB and 180 rental for LL). The fellow who was talking to me had a poor communication or I don't know if I had poor understanding but I asked him thrice and he did say that 20% on the overall BSNL bill for life time.

Nope, I just confirmed with 1500. It's only 20% on the BB & Landline Rentals. The guy who called for IPTV must be from IOL, not BSNL. Anyway - I'm on home 500 plan. So it's a discount of about Rs.136/- (100 + 36 ) which almost takes care of IPTV Monthly charges and makes it as good as free ;o)

Status
Not open for further replies.