Landline services not working

• Thread starter Thread starter Sqa
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 12
  • Views Views 1,183

Sqa

ISP
Airtel fiber
Landline services are not working in Srinagar Jammu and Kashmir. Anyone having any idea what's going on?

It's difficult to say the reason for the landline issue in Jammu and Kashmir due to the state of the state... Get it? Get it?
Anyway, contact your ISP there's not really anything this forum can really do unless you recently changed anything in your router or landline then check cables, the instrument itself or try to reset your ONU.

@Sqa its a possibility the landline is down due to some issue with Airtel. Best to contact 121.

Other than that also expect some restrictions ahead of Independence Day with mobile internet and broadband. That's par for the course in J&K due to security alerts from agencies.

@dkdhanda8 not all towns and cities have VOIP service active. Please check with Airtel. Broadband and voice are two separate services. So just because you got a fibre connection does not necessarily mean you will also get a voice line.

@Chip yea I know , but lco response is just it’ll be activated in 3 months / few months since introduction in my city lol

Yes so you will need to wait till launch. LCO cities and towns take some extra time provide this service.

LCO cities and towns take some extra time provide this service.
Some extra time? I got Airtel fibre from the LCO an year ago and there is no sign of landline yet. So, they lie through the teeth to get you hooked onto their network.. that's it. I did not need it very much but for someone who might need it, it is better to go with the provider who immediately connects the landline rather than some ISP which promises to connect in the future.

Landline VOIP is not available in all areas and they generally make people wait. And of course they will want you to sign up..why doubt the commercial angle? As for promised delivery times well let me say that they dont make moves based on a customer's wish. Jio got permission for my housing colony and promised to set up by end May..it's now August. It's normal. So, if you need a landline look at other options that can provide you the service sooner.