Landline Service from Reliance Jio Fiber

• Thread starter Thread starter undercover
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 109
  • Views Views 23,418
Follow up with the area tech member and manager who have commissioned your router. They send requests to their backend office who will activate the migration to combo plan. This is activated in 2 days schedule. After this, you will find the change in your plan on myjio or jio.com site. This is what I remember to have posted earlier. While some managers act on their own, some may need a reminder, unless your area exchange is having some special tech issue.

Jio has started pushing out banners to activate VOIP (Landline) service through MyJio app to the early GigaFibre customers who didn't get it as a combo. Though, i am still to get one, but my brother got that in MyJio app on his iPhone. It was a simple process where it automatically allots you the landline number and you Gigafibre standalone plans changes to a Combo plan. Any plans that you might have qued in would also reflect the new change. I guess it's a phased process but what surprises me is that my connection was activated a month prior to my brothers connection and logically i should have received the request first.

That's a good news. So, only IPTV remains to be combined for triple-play plan. I know everyone can watch the OTT channels. However, with IPTV, no bandwidth would be taken from the main account.

All... Pls follow the steps below to generate the Fixed line Instantly. No need for any requests. Post generating the No, the ONT would automatically reboot and you’ll not have Internet access for 3-5mins.

🔊Voice service activation for existing GigaFibre HSI customers is made simple now with no request for backend whitelisting. Customer to directly follow below steps with ONT box switched on:
👉Go to www.jio.com
👉Click on Quick Pay which is on top right
👉Click on Recharge
👉Select Jio GigaFibre
👉Enter your registered mobile number or Jio GigaFibre service id(starts with 299)
👉You will see Fiber plan, click on Buy
👉You will get a prompt for OTP to add JioFixedVoice and click Proceed
👉Enter OTP received on your registered mobile number, accept Terms & Conditions and click on Proceeed
👉Confirmation prompt with Fixed line nunber will be flashed
👉FLN will be ready to use in 20mins of above process👍🏻.

0v4ORzb.png

0v4ORzb.png

Last edited:
Jio Landline is now available to all users. You can connect a landphone to router or configure a spare android mobile as landline with the Jiocall app or both. Mobile is a better option because it will be a 'Cordless' phone with contact list, call log etc.

But when I configure an android mobile as a landline with Jiocall app, I face a problem. When power fails to gigarouter and restores, the Jiocall app hangs.

Do others also face this problem? If faced, did you arrive at a way to restore?

@coolsam07 When this screen appears, wait for a minute or so. Then, the third 'Fixed' option becomes dark. Then select it and wait. You are done in about another minute. (Assume that your wifi is on and connected to giga router 2.4 or 5 GHz)

It is better to use a separate exclusive dedicated mobile, not your regular mobile.

@MSR Murthy I tried the steps on my Pixel 2(Q Beta).. but it's not connecting.

When I tried with another phone (Android Oreo based), it worked. In that phone, the JioCall app for even worked with my Asus Router's wifi signals.

Strange! Any idea on who I can contact for help? Customer Care via email or chat or phone exist for Jio Fiber?

Got an email yesterday from Jio that
"
Dear Customer,
Now enjoy Landline calling services (JioFixedVoice) on your JioFiber connection.
JioFixedVoice offers you:
1. High Definition and seamless calling experience with excellent voice clarity.
2. One number, Multiple devices: You can now configure the same 10 digit
JioFixedVoice number on up to 6 smartphones and a landline phone.
3. Audio and Video conferencing.
*Please refer steps mentioned below to configure and use JioCall service on your
smartphone.
To activate click www.jio.com/GetMyJio and download MyJio app. Login to JioFiber
account using registered mobile number. Select Fiber recharge to activate voice services.
Please refer steps mentioned below to configure and use JioCall service on your
smartphone.
1. Ensure your device is connected to JioFiber router
2. Download JioCall app from Play Store (for Android) or App Store (for iOS)
3. Click on Next to Grant Access and Allow All the Permissions
4. Tap on SSID to Register
5. Enter the OTP sent to your Registered Mobile Number
6. Tap on Yes if you want to use this App as default App for sending & receiving SMS
7. Tap on Whitelist JioCall
8. Tap on Allow to let the app always run in Background
Please note, you need to be connected with JioFiber WiFi to make/receive landline calls from
your JioCall app.
In case landline device is already available with you, then you can connect it to your JioFiber
Router using RJ11 cable.
Happy Calling.
Thank You,
Team JioFiber."
I followed the instructions given in another post above by @yougotmehere post #33, got it activated (modem restarted at this stage) recd the new phone number(by email & sms), connected the instrument to the modem & it was good to go.😀

Last edited:
As an aside: Jio systems are far superior to Vodafone where inspite of having a 4G sim VOLTE was NOT started automatically. had to make THREE trip to their pathetic store to get it activated. Here everything is automated which works (unlike most systems of other service providers)

Last edited:
@socrates Vodafone is pretty much clueless about VoLTE lmao, although it works fine most of the time. In my father's phone though, I had to send them an email to activate VoLTE. Didn't go to the store.

Not sure about:- One number, Multiple devices: You can now configure the same 10 digit
JioFixedVoice number on up to 6 smartphones and a landline phone.

Can anyone explain?