Landline Service from Reliance Jio Fiber

• Thread starter Thread starter undercover
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 109
  • Views Views 23,439
Something like 1+6 landline instruments in parallel. On an inckming call, all 7 instruments ring, if they are within the wifi range. You can make an outgoing call from any of the 7 instruments.

Also, you have the call forwarding facility when not reachable, busy or no response.

Go to My Devices option where list of connected devices to your WiFi will show and then check if any "pencil icon" for renaming is showing between devices names and Block button?

Last edited:
@SG_curiosity
A1) I noticed it just Today, it is showing "Limited Period" instead of "30 Days". But, Validity is shown as 30 days under "Upcoming Plans".
A2) I was able to recharge my account. I did not remember SMS but I received Email about the Recharge and same can be seen under "Upcoming Plans"

A3) Nope. No Pencil/Edit icon.

1. My 3 Months preview (Silver JPO, I think) supposed to end on 15-August. But, sometime in first week of Aug, I activated Landline Service and so validity got extended by another 30 days and Plan changed to "JioFiber Combo"

2. Today morning, after notificing "Limited Preview" I recharged using it. But, Since my current plan is not expired. Recharged plan is displayed under "Upcoming Plans". All the Upcoming Plans showing 30 days.

3. I just activated ALL 100gb plan from "Upcoming Plans". Newly activated plans' validity says 19-Sept. But, existing 40gb have old validity.

Last edited:
So this is what I did,

1) My 3-Month preview is supposed to end on 15-August. But, I activated LL and so JioFiber-Combo plan activated extending validity to 7-Sept. Note, All 40gb plans I recharged still have 15-Aug as expiry.

2) On 15-August, 40gb plan's expired. I did not see "Data Voucher" recharge tab. So, I recharged 100gb Plan (It used to display "30 days" then). A new JioFiber-Combo plan activated with expiry as 15-Sept. After this, Data Vouchers appeared, so I did 5-6 data voucher recharges. All of the recharges have 15-Sept as expiry.

3) Sometime after 15-August, I also recharged couple of 100gb plans just to be safeside.

4) Today, after noticing "Limited Period", I recharged one 100gb plan. It is no different, All JioFiber-Combo plans under "Upcoming Plans" said 30-days validity.

5) Now, after your message, I activated ALL 100gb plans under Upcoming Plans, all of them showing 19-Sept expiry.

Now, after all this, I just recharged a 100gb plan having "Limited Period", it is saying 30-days validity and is showing under "Upcoming Plans".

Last edited:
@rajendra_1903 Try to recharge atleast 60 to 70 times the 100GB plan today and then check how many plans get successfully recharge in queue. Actually I need to check if there is any limit to recharge 100GB plans. Yesterday I tried to recharge it 52 times in a single day but 100GB plans in queue are 45 showing. Maybe I got mistake in counting during the time of recharges or may be there is a limit of 45. Actually, I am now regretting that I should have tried more times to get fully satisfied my heart that I haven't waste any free recharge. So that's why I want to confirm what is the limit.
So, can you please try to recharge the 100GB plan 60 to 70 times today? After done 60-70 recharges, then count how many recharges in queue. But before doing this, first activate all the older recharges in queue to avoid any confusion.

@SG_curiosity
I can try recharging maybe like 10 or 15 times -- Definitely not 60-70 times that you're asking. I'm not that "Curious" to find out if there's any limit.
@rajendra_1903 Atleast 55? It's your profit also because we don't know how long they will allow to do these recharges. May be they imposed restrictions from tomorrow. As I told you earlier that I am not able to recharge anymore since today, this may happen to you also. If you recharge atleast 50 or 60 times then all these recharges will remain in queue even after starting of paid service. So, you will able to use you connection atleast 2 years more free of cost. So do it now. Hurry up. Do atleast total 55 recharges. It will only take 20mins max. But it will save your lot of money.

Also informed me that if you able to recharge more than 52? Pls Reply soon.

Last edited:
@MSR Murthy Correct ! There's a catch. Either you stay with the Combo plan if at all they permit to use those plans or move to the Triple play and loose your recharges. @SG_curiosity Moreover they have entire control over the system. They could just washout the entire recharges in the pipeline and set you to pay for the next monthly charge. Unlike Jio Mobile, where you pay for those advance recharges, you can't claim them.

"Newly activated plans' validity says 19-Sept. "
This may mean that Jio gives a two-week window to decide after the announcement of tariff plans on 5th Sept and the current free plan continues till then.

@MSR Murthy
If you're referring to my statement,

I activated the 100gb plan Today 20-Aug, so 30 days from now is 19-Sept.

But, I'd be happy to have a grace period for existing users to choose one of the plan.
@rajendra_1903 So how many plan you have activated? Have you done 52 recharges? If not then do 10 to 15 recharges in 4 to 5 times in a day. I know it's bit irritating but please bear with it for few hours. Overall it will just take 20 minutes only.

Last edited: