Landline Not working With BSNL FTTH

• Thread starter Thread starter philip
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 23,490
ISP
BSNL FTTH
I was using traditional landline with the BSNL Fiber connection for almost 3 months with no issues at all. I was able to make and recieve calls without issues at all. But since the past 2 weeks my landphone is not working , no dial tone nothing just simply dead.. I tried switching the instrument with 2 other landphones, to know whether my landphone is at fault but the result is same.If this is due to some misconfiguration with VOIP settings in the modem settings can anyone please help me?.. If possible can anyone share screenshots of the VOIP settings whoo have their landphones working with BSNL Fibre. Anyone suggestions are deeply welcome since i am using the landphone wihin the home greatly due to low coverage in my area.. Please help me??

Check with your lco , if they configure another user with your voice ip it wont work. I faced similar issue after they removed duplicate ip problem solved

the light indicating the VOIP is stable in the modem and when i lift the phone reciever it starts blinking indicating the connection , but only thing is that phone is simply dead , no dial tone nothing, I checked with 2 verified working land phones. I don't know what to do

I also have same problem. the telephone light in my modem is not lighting up. And when I connect the telephone in my modem, I hear 'engage' tone.

Anyone know anything about this?

I checked the router about the landline connection. The router shows that the landline is 'Disabled' and the modem lights related to Telephone is not lit.

Should I enable telephone in modem?

Anybody knows about this?

There is no dial tone in VoIP. You will always hear a busy tone whenever you pick up the phone. Just dial the number, it works. That's how mine works. At first I was also expecting a dial tone like the traditional ones and had also registered a complaint.😂

There is no dial tone in VoIP. You will always hear a busy tone whenever you pick up the phone. Just dial the number, it works. That's how mine works. At first I was also expecting a dial tone like the traditional ones and had also registered a complaint.😂

Thanks for your reply. I tried dialing a number, but the call is not going. ..

Thanks @thadougamer for your reply.

I am not finding SIP settings in modem configuration page.. i checked all.. I could see a Void page. But that does not have any settings, only button available there is for restarting the VOIP service.

my modem is Huawei echolife. Do you know where can I enable voip in this?

Maybe it's disabled by the provider?