• Thread starter Thread starter aniketvb
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 4,829

aniketvb

Linuxguy
ISP
Cox Internet
I am from Andheri eastRecently my cablewalla has started to offer Sify ..Since the last few days when i query pppoe services i get the following resultsAccess-Concentrator: VibesOnline Service-Name: VibesOnline--------------------------------------------------Access-Concentrator: src001 Service-Name: src001--------------------------------------------------Access-Concentrator: 3star Service-Name: cable--------------------------------------------------Access-Concentrator: VSNL_BRAS_1---------------------------------------So if there are any people using these pppoe services or can see any of them , then we are on the same LAN.Let me know your Lan IP ranges so that we can setup a DC++ hub.

Originally posted by aniketvb@Jan 30 2006, 12:37 AM
I am from Andheri east
Recently my cablewalla has started to offer Sify ..
Since the last few days when i query pppoe services i get the following results

Access-Concentrator: VibesOnline
    Service-Name: VibesOnline

--------------------------------------------------
Access-Concentrator: src001
    Service-Name: src001

Access-Concentrator: 3star
    Service-Name: cable

Access-Concentrator: VSNL_BRAS_1

---------------------------------------
So if there are any people using these pppoe services or can see any of them , then we are on the same LAN.
Let me know your Lan IP ranges so that we can setup a DC++ hub.
[snapback]40833[/snapback]
[/quote]

Well I dun use any of these pppoe services but I do see them when i goto the access concentrator..dunno if that means anything..bout our connectivity

Well do you use sify?? or what ??
If u can see these services , we are on the same lan . so u can join in...... Be there in IP messenger(http://www.ipmsg.org) in evenings and keep ur ip address in the range of 172.16.xx.xx ....i ll tell u the rest there....

Install RASPPPOE in your computer.(Win XP) from here

http://www.raspppoe.com/

Then run command "raspppoe" and click on query services. You will see them.

What I have shown above is in Linux, wherein you can check services using the command "/sbin/pppoe -A" ina shell (you must have RP-PPPOE installed in linux)

wow thanks.. that helped a lot... btw i've got worldnet001 and microtik now... so i cant connect to you im afraid. 🙁

Originally posted by aniketvb@Mar 19 2006, 10:48 PM
Which area you are from??
I could help you. I know some other area'a hubs too.
[snapback]45147[/snapback]
[/quote]

hi,
i m using sify 64 kbps at bandra(west). do u know any hubs.

thx

i wanted to know as to how to connect to the hubs without the internet connection working ...i used that at my friends place in new mumbai..he was using sify..am also using sify...just by using the sify cable..so what are the settings for that...anyone???