Lan On Airtel's N/w ?

mystery_inc18

Regulars
ISP
Airtel (512kbps)
I know that airtel has the phones in a locality connected and hence they're able tpo provide intercom facilty withing the locality, but what i wondering is that airtel must also hv the computers connected, so is there a LAN n/w in place within the locality ??? I mean can ppl in the same locality enjoy the benefits of a LAN n/w ???And if the ans is yes ...how do we get it working ????

wht abt BSNL ....

The simple is answer it is not possible in Airtel becasue unlike cable internet which uses shared hubs, DSL is a dedicated connection!

But we have had doubts that airtel has been throtlling connection hv'nt we ???so if throtlling is possible then y not lan ??

I have said this many times before Airtel doesn't throttle your connection. You will only have 1:1 speeds on leased lines. On any other form of internet access you will always have something know as contention ratio.If you don't know what that means, then please use google!

Isnt it possible to share files(not quite share but you can still transfer the files) over pppoe?

ok this time on a more gentle note,
ya real_india i do know what contention ratio is, i nvr sed that airtle throttles connections but that we had doubts it does.