• Start date
  • Replies: Replies 8
  • Views: Views 2,016
M

mystery_inc18

Regulars
ISP
Airtel (512kbps)
I know that airtel has the phones in a locality connected and hence they're able tpo provide intercom facilty withing the locality, but what i wondering is that airtel must also hv the computers connected, so is there a LAN n/w in place within the locality ??? I mean can ppl in the same locality enjoy the benefits of a LAN n/w ???And if the ans is yes ...how do we get it working ????

S

sify_hacker

Regular
wht abt BSNL ....

M

mystery_inc18

Regulars
ISP
Airtel (512kbps)
what about it ???

R

real_india

Regular
ISP
Airtel
The simple is answer it is not possible in Airtel becasue unlike cable internet which uses shared hubs, DSL is a dedicated connection!

M

mystery_inc18

Regulars
ISP
Airtel (512kbps)
But we have had doubts that airtel has been throtlling connection hv'nt we ???so if throtlling is possible then y not lan ??

R

real_india

Regular
ISP
Airtel
I have said this many times before Airtel doesn't throttle your connection. You will only have 1:1 speeds on leased lines. On any other form of internet access you will always have something know as contention ratio.If you don't know what that means, then please use google!

L

leomax

FraudBand
ISP
Tata
Isnt it possible to share files(not quite share but you can still transfer the files) over pppoe?

M

mystery_inc18

Regulars
ISP
Airtel (512kbps)
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: where's my post

M

mystery_inc18

Regulars
ISP
Airtel (512kbps)
ok this time on a more gentle note,
ya real_india i do know what contention ratio is, i nvr sed that airtle throttles connections but that we had doubts it does.