Kolkata: 73 killed in AMRI hospital fire

• Thread starter Thread starter amar
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 23
  • Views Views 3,719
they are responsible because the hospital was not following the safety precautions that the fire department had asked them to follow. they were using basement meant for parking for storing chemicals and stuff. it's a hospital with multi crore turnover. if they cannot take basic safety precautions, it is the responsibility of the management who profits the most from the revenues generated.

ya true...how can they keep highly flammable stuff and nt have proper way to stop the fire if it ever happens...nd they are only giving 5L per death it should be atleast 1crore..

and funny enough the government owns 1.5% stake in the hospital i think from what i have read. so basically the government is at fault too. 🙂 two board members in the hospital are said to be government representatives!

and funny enough the government owns 1.5% stake in the hospital i think from what i have read.

so basically the government is at fault too. 🙂

two board members in the hospital are said to be government representatives!

India TV was showing ystdy 7% stake by the Govt. and death toll has gon up 98+ saw that on news channels too.....and there were arnd 120 ppl inside the hospital at the time of fire so pretty much everyone died becz they were nt allowed to go out Jesus !

----------

Top state govt officers on hospital board wash their hands of horror - Indian Express

The chairman of the " AMRI Hospital " says " I was not aware I was the Chairman of the Hospital " ..pathetic !

dont know whats going on india everyday new this type of problem happens.

and funny enough the government owns 1.5% stake in the hospital i think from what i have read.

so basically the government is at fault too. 🙂

two board members in the hospital are said to be government representatives!

right.
as per what i read, the hospital had a very good support from the CPM government. AMRI has a total of 3 hospitals in kolkata.
this all has happened because of the lethargic nature of the concerned department in the hospital. its a common sight in kolkata. last year there was a fire at park street. no lessons are being learnt. arresting the board of directors will not wipe out the problems. AMRI is well maintained when compared to other small hospitals. i wonder if the government would look more seriously into this and order a safety drill at the public places (eg. hospitals, cinema halls, malls etc)